Frequent Contributor

Re: Tough decision: garnet heart bracelet review w/pics

On 2/11/2014 MickD said:

Librisfb ~ So, what's your verdict??? It is cute, but I don't think it suits your wrist....I think your wrist looks better with the bigger layered cuffs (I may be biased but I too have a small wrist and layer and layer and layer...the only way this little cutie would work is with a watch as you have beautifully shown.)

~ Mick Smiley Happy

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Each response encourage me to consider my options. Fortunately, no one's life hangs in the balance here, it is--after all--"just" jewelry.

As sweet as this is, I cannot justify the price. I personally think if this was a 'no name' designer in the case at retail, I'd pay $100. Because it would match the silver and style of my the rest of my JR wardrobe, I'd pay a bit more for JR. But not double what I think it's really worth...TO ME.

Everyone pays what they feel something is worth, and that varies from person to person. For me, every time I'd wear this I'd feel like I paid too much, and that would leach the joy right out of it for me. So I tried it on at home, took it outside to photograph it for the forum, and held it in my hand several times. Each time...pretty, but...so it's going back.

Now if it makes it to clearance, Katy Bar the Door, because I'll be all over it.

Frequent Contributor

On 2/11/2014 librisfb said:
On 2/11/2014 MickD said:

Librisfb ~ So, what's your verdict??? It is cute, but I don't think it suits your wrist....I think your wrist looks better with the bigger layered cuffs (I may be biased but I too have a small wrist and layer and layer and layer...the only way this little cutie would work is with a watch as you have beautifully shown.)

~ Mick Smiley Happy

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Each response encourage me to consider my options. Fortunately, no one's life hangs in the balance here, it is--after all--"just" jewelry.

As sweet as this is, I cannot justify the price. I personally think if this was a 'no name' designer in the case at retail, I'd pay $100. Because it would match the silver and style of my the rest of my JR wardrobe, I'd pay a bit more for JR. But not double what I think it's really worth...TO ME.

Everyone pays what they feel something is worth, and that varies from person to person. For me, every time I'd wear this I'd feel like I paid too much, and that would leach the joy right out of it for me. So I tried it on at home, took it outside to photograph it for the forum, and held it in my hand several times. Each time...pretty, but...so it's going back.

Now if it makes it to clearance, Katy Bar the Door, because I'll be all over it.

I think you made the right decision.
Super Contributor

It is a tough decision that we all have to make when we purchase something. For me, I decided to keep my rhodolite heart bracelet. It has perfectly beautiful rhodolites on it, along with the nice silver links. I'm happy with it. I've worn it by itself mostly. A few times with my rolling dmq bracelet. If & when it ever goes on clearance I'm thinking of purchasing a second one.

For me, it's a perfect everyday beautiful bracelet to wear & look at...

Frequent Contributor

On 2/11/2014 Pepper22 said:

It is a tough decision that we all have to make when we purchase something. For me, I decided to keep my rhodolite heart bracelet. It has perfectly beautiful rhodolites on it, along with the nice silver links. I'm happy with it. I've worn it by itself mostly. A few times with my rolling dmq bracelet. If & when it ever goes on clearance I'm thinking of purchasing a second one.

For me, it's a perfect everyday beautiful bracelet to wear & look at...

Pepper, enjoy it and wear it in the best of health. If the price comes down (pretty substantially), I'll join you Smile