Honored Contributor

I totally agree! If it's so rare, why do they seem to have tons of it? Also, if I were to buy turquoise (which is unlikely), I prefer the greener tones of it. The blue is boring.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

When I first started watching TV shopping shows back in the early 90s, all I heard was how tanzanite was going to become extinct and we must buy it right away because it will be gone.

That was almost 25 years ago, and tanzanite is still readily available.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor
On 1/9/2015 madcity411 said:

Too much turquoise? No way! I love Sleeping Beauty Turquoise. Levian sells the more expensive Persian Turquoise that I also love, but this is a nice alternative.

It's pretty, but again, it's all about variety and the Q (and others) have been pushing this one color of turquoise incessantly now for about a year... It's getting old...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor
On 1/8/2015 colliegirls said:

I don't care if they show jewelry made from dog doo, it is still better than the boring shows from the holidays.

LOL, be careful what you wish for, Q may decide THAT is next big trend.

Respected Contributor
On 1/8/2015 imaclotheshog said:

I think it's too much also. I remember when Gem Day used to be really chock full of gorgeous pieces! And the pearls! There were so many nice things.

It's just not the same as it used to be. The prices are higher, the selection is more bland, and nothing wows me.

ima, I think that is my biggest complaint, too. Although I enjoy watching jewelry shows and really agree that watching jewelry shows is MUCH better than most of the silly programming that Q usually foists on us, the bland selection, along with the higher prices, are the biggest turn offs for me. Oh and yes, while I like turquoise, the constant "push" that QVC gets into with whatever the current "gemstone" makes me feel like I do when radio stations play the same song too often -- annoyed and likely to change the channel.

Super Contributor
On 1/8/2015 colliegirls said:

There is no such thing as a bad Gem Day, anything is a relief from the poop they have been showing and selling lately.

This made me laugh out loud! Agreed!!

Honored Contributor

I felt that they were shoving Sleeping Beauty down our throats. Oh, hurry buy it, we may not have it next year! I don't fall for those sales tactics. If they don't have next year, I guess I missed out.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor
I agree that there was too much turquoise. I love it and have both sleeping beauty and turquoise with matrix, but I think that gem day should've had more variety. Even with the turquoise overload there should've been less sleeping beauty and some various kinds of turquoise. There are so many beautiful gemstones and gem day had such a small variety overall. A few years ago QVC had some gorgeous andalusite pieces, and I keep hoping they'll bring in some new ones. I thought too many of the pieces were way too pricey. There wasn't too much other than turquoise that was affordable for me. I did get the morganite cabachon ring, and would've gotten an ammolite ring that I absolutely loved, if my size hadn't sold out before I woke up.
Honored Contributor
On 1/9/2015 KatCat1 said:

I felt that they were shoving Sleeping Beauty down our throats. Oh, hurry buy it, we may not have it next year! I don't fall for those sales tactics. If they don't have next year, I guess I missed out.

It's their latest flavor of the year... Like drusy and black spinel before it, they've been shoving it down our throats for the better part of the last year... That seems to be how the Q rolls these days... Pick a gemstone, buy a gross of it and then ram it down the audience's throats until it's pretty much gone and then move on to another single choice... Unfortunately, it's not limited just to gemstones. You could say the same thing about blenders and computers...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
On 1/9/2015 stevieb said:
On 1/9/2015 KatCat1 said:

It's their latest flavor of the year... Like drusy and black spinel before it, they've been shoving it down our throats for the better part of the last year... That seems to be how the Q rolls these days... Pick a gemstone, buy a gross of it and then ram it down the audience's throats until it's pretty much gone and then move on to another single choice... Unfortunately, it's not limited just to gemstones. You could say the same thing about blenders and computers...

You really made me laugh today but you are right. The Q picks something and then they are on a roll with it. Like one lady said, there are so many beautiful gem stones, just bring us more variety.

kindness is strength