Respected Contributor

Too Hot to Wear Necklaces...

Where I live in SE VA!  What about where you live?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Too Hot to Wear Necklaces...

We've had seemingly day after day of +90 degrees with high humidty this summer in Chicago.  I still wear a necklace, but with it being so hot, something more delicate than the fashionable heavy-looking bib styles is my choice.  

Honored Contributor

It's been blistering hot summer for most of the country we got a one day reprieve today, it's only in the low 80's.  I don't wear big necklaces very much in the summer.  It's just too hot and I'm usually in sleeveless maxi dresses or maxi skirts and white tee shirts.  But I still gotta wear my jewelry....I just feel cooler in stud earrings and delicate pendants. 

Honored Contributor

I have a collection of large, bead necklaces from which I've had almost no wear this summer.  Except for a few minutes to take a friend to the airport I've been inside all day.  Delicate gold hoops but no other jewelry.

Truth be told, I don't wear a great deal of my jewelry any longer - partly because I live a very casual life, but even more because I live in heat pretty much all year.

Respected Contributor

too humid and too hot to wear a necklace unless it is ver delicate. i had a luncheon to attend and planned to wear a tassel neckace and opted for a pair of MOP cascading earrings, no necklace and a cuff. the minute i got home i removed every item

so disgusted with this HHH weather. this heat is extreme. we are  less than 10 mi inland from the ocean.  it rained for abit when i was out and the hunidity and heat were even worse after.

Honored Contributor

Desert SW...........metal jewelry can actually burn your skin if you are outside in the heat.    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Frequent Contributor

True, but I live in Phoenix and wear necklaces every day, triple digit temps be damned!

Trusted Contributor

Vegas is almost as hot as Phoenix, but I still wear my jewelry!  I go from the air conditioned house to the air conditioned car to my air conditioned destination and back, so it isn't too bad.  If I am going to be outside (a rare event when it is over 110 degrees) it wouldn't be for a dress-up event, so only earrings then.

Esteemed Contributor

I wear my rings and usually my hoop earrings since most of the time my hair is pulled up because of the heat..

Frequent Contributor

I live in TX its always hot this time of year but that doesn't stop me from always wearing a small cross necklace. I won't be without it.