Honored Contributor

Tonight 18K Viale (italy) show ShopHQ

[ Edited ]

Viale gold is 18K and unlike other gold shows, most of their pieces are solid or semi solid. Which means they are expensive.  The problem with ShopHQ is that they order very little.  It seems they make one show, and a quarter in to the show, it sells out.  Unlike the Q, they don't have on order or rarely reorder.  They had this one ring, 18K marked down from $900.00 to $600.00.  The ring is called Summer dusk and is 4.6 grams (which for a ring is heavy)  Sizes 5, 6  7 & 8 are already sold out. Which wipes me out of finger sizes.  The top & bottom of the ring is diamond cut.  The rest in the middle is satin & brushed.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tonight 18K Viale (italy) show ShopHQ

Remember the 14K show in December with the paper clip necklace.  ShopHQ has the same thing, but it's SOLID paer clip necklace.  The description has the word solid in it.  And in 18K.  The gram weight is still low.  6 grams, but it is solid instead of hollow.

Respected Contributor

I have purchased more gold jewelry from ShopHQ than QVC in recent years, because overall I think it it the shopping channel with the highest quality and the most unique designs.  (Although I will always love Judith Ripka first, because her 14K gold is solid, strong and extremely well-designed.)  

That Summer dusk ring has been featured for months now.  I bought the matching earrings back in early December.  I try to wait for coupon times when all jewelry is 20% off to get a real bargain.  I prefer rings with stones in them, so I rarely buy plain gold.

Another option is Tagliamonte, also 18K, and of course, ShopHQ carries 24 K gold with two designers, Lambert Cheng and Cevherun.

Stefano has been selling his 14K gold for over 25 years there!

I am glad Albany is doing so well with this channel.  I like that Shop HQ still has a lot of special jewelry events, like this Italian design event, and diamond days.  

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper  I love Vitale gold.  Stefano is kind of disppointing to people.  His 14K gold is very thin and small.  I keep hoping he will get better, because the styles are cute.  It's just the quality of the gold that is not getting better.

Honored Contributor

I have so many beautiful, and substansial gold pieces, most 14 k from SHQ from days gone by. They offered solid gold at rock bottom prices, and I took full advantage of that. Q did not even come close in pricing.