Respected Contributor

Re: Today's special value rope bracelet

While I like the bronzo for what it is - costume jewelry - I don't get the gram weights being given. How much is a gram of bronzo? A nickel? I don't like the implication that it is fine jewelry because it seems disingenuous. I didn't care for today's bracelet or the upsell necklace because it reminds me of Mr T and the A Team. Lol. Didn't he wear a big gold rope chain?
Honored Contributor

On 9/25/2014 millieshops said:

I'm not sure why I'd even care about the gram weight of a bronze bracelet? Some one?

We share the same thought.
Honored Contributor

I would never expect a fashion piece of jewelry to have a gram weight. I consider this bronze line fashion jewelry.

Valued Contributor

I appreciate gram weight to see how heavy a piece is only. I don't think it has any other meaning in what basically is costume jewelry where the number of grams is meaningless as to it's value. They are doing their best to connect the line to precious metals and that's just another ploy. I wish though, QVC would give gram weight for all it's precious metal earrings, as some are too heavy for me to wear. If they could find an alloy for this stuff that didn't tarnish readily without lacquer, and could be easily restored with polishing then they would have something. I wish they were more honest in the marketing of this. It doesn't matter if the color is all the way through as once parts of the lacquer wear off, the piece is basically trashed.

Out of curiousity, has anyone been able to remove all the lacquer once parts of it go and then try and polish the piece? From what I've read, polishing the exposed parts of the base metal doesn't restore the original color.

Honored Contributor

This bronzo stuff is deceivingly light. They aren't going to draw people in with the gram weights because they wouldn't be very impressive.

Respected Contributor

On 9/26/2014 Boehm Collecter said:
On 9/25/2014 SANNA said: The gramm weight is not really important in this case. It is bronze, not silver or gold. I would like to see something new and fresh, not same old,same old. Women in Italy do not wear what Q is trying to sell to us. I think Q is ordering what they know we would go for. Imitation of old traditional styles. It is ok to like the traditional, but also is nice to see something new and it is not happening. Again.

Sanna .. I could not agree with you more. My DH and I just returned from a trip to Italy on September 12th. They certainly aren't wearing the jewelry the Q is selling. We went to Ponte Vecchio in Florence which is lined by jewelry stores. The vast majority of what is sold is stunning, 18k gold jewelry.

Oh yes, Boehm Collector, you are absolutely right. I've been to Italy several times and know what they wear and sell. Ponte Vecchio is so overpriced though. I just window shopped there.In good old days of Shopnbc we had the same thing for so much cheaper. I am glad that I bought what I bought years before. I actually got complements in some Pontes Vecchio store on my rose gold ruby bracelet by Sonia Bitton and they asked who is the designer. I told them who and that her inspiration was an Italian designer. And we all laughed.
Honored Contributor

The more I saw, the more I thought the necklace looked like something from the Mr. T collection.

"I pity the fool." {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Valued Contributor

What really irks me is that the Bronzo designs are among the best that QVC offers. They are much nicer and much more on trend and chic compared to their non designer silver lines which mostly look dated and boring. I just wish they would offer the same level of design in silver and gold clad silver instead of the Bronzo. With their buying power and connections I'm sure if they wanted they could make this happen at still affordable prices. I would rather spend more and have something that lasts than try and save money on something I will love and then have to toss.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/26/2014 Blondelle said:

What really irks me is that the Bronzo designs are among the best that QVC offers. They are much nicer and much more on trend and chic compared to their non designer silver lines which mostly look dated and boring. I just wish they would offer the same level of design in silver and gold clad silver instead of the Bronzo. With their buying power and connections I'm sure if they wanted they could make this happen at still affordable prices. I would rather spend more and have something that lasts than try and save money on something I will love and then have to toss.

I totally agree about the designs, I was hoping beyond hope this necklace J289281 was in sterling, I would've purchased the long one in a second, but sadly it was Bronzo.

Honored Contributor

it did not sell out in any color nor length - obviously not a good one. I don't nor would not buy bronzo anything.