Esteemed Contributor

Re: Today's special value rope bracelet

On 9/25/2014 Dogtrainer1 said:

I look for everyday pieces, and I work at a keyboard all day. Sorry, one this big will get in the way when I'm working. Plus it really is too big to look real.

That is my opinion too...the gauge of the twisted rope is too big for my wrist! Might have considered it - if the bracelet had been smaller!

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/25/2014 SANNA said:
On 9/25/2014 happy housewife said:
On 9/25/2014 SANNA said: Oy and the matching necklace looks like a gangster or rapper would wear.

I don't know what gangsters and rappers wear but to me it looks like what a successful professional woman would wear.

Google pictures of either group and see for yourself. And also I hate when they plant into our brains what successful woman would wear. Check the pictures of classy ladies too. Oprah wouldn't be caught in this kind of style.

Oprah?????? Oprah wouldn't be caught in a classic rope necklace???

Trusted Contributor

I like the classics but a rope has never appealed to me. I'd prefer a wheat, rolo, equestrian link or even riccio.

Super Contributor

On 9/25/2014 brii said:

I see a lot of professional women in real life and they do not wear this kind of jewelry.

I've seen realtors wearing this sort of necklace. I don't see many women who wear bracelets - of any kind - though.

Honored Contributor

too big to look real....and still don't know what this mystery metal consists of other than bronze....

Respected Contributor

On 9/25/2014 StuffyBug said:
On 9/25/2014 SANNA said: Oy and the matching necklace looks like a gangster or rapper would wear.
Would you feel the same if it were 14K or 18K?
Absolutely the same. It is the style, not the material I do not like. I am not a fan of bronze, but people should buy what they can afford.buy some styles are big no no to me.
Trusted Contributor

I've always liked the look of a rope chain; I definitely think it's a classic. I kind of like the TSV bracelet. I'm not a fan of bronzo and I think a lot of the pieces I've seen offered on the Q are overpriced. However, this seems like a reasonable price for a decent looking bracelet. I won't be buying it because I am lucky enough to have a beautiful Italian 14K link bracelet from years ago when gold was reasonably priced. But if I didn't have that bracelet, I might consider buying this TSV.

The matching necklace, on the other hand, seems a bit much. I did have a quick flashback to '80s rapper fashion when I saw it. {#emotions_dlg.blush} Maybe I'd feel differently upon more careful consideration. But it's too short for me to wear anyway, so I didn't bother.

Super Contributor

I was flipping the channels during Days of our Lives and caught Jill on some sort of rant about the gram weight of the TSV! I mean she was doing some real ""schooling""!!!

Esteemed Contributor

expatgal, LOL, someone passed the word that they have to press the "weight" issue to convince people to buy. Here we are at 4 p.m. on the east coast and they still haven't sold it out.

Honored Contributor

Personally I don't think anyone would consider the bracelet or necklace to be "real", but it looks like nice costume jewelry, which is what it is.

I've never tried Bronzo and really don't intend to. I have a lot of trouble with metals, my skin will turn black, green or break out and it's not necessarily from the nickle..... (and I know Bronzo dosn't have nickle in it)..... {#emotions_dlg.sad}

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*