Honored Contributor

I've ordered a pair of earrings, that are a copy of ones worn by one of the ladies who was on the Titanic.  I'd kind of like to find a book on that subject.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Honored Contributor

Maybe Barnes & Noble? I'm sure the jewelry you ordered is beautiful. 

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal, when you recieve them, you must post a picture.  The era of that time, the fashion and jewels were stunning in my opinion.

Yes google or Barnes and Noble.  I know there are tons of books on the titanic that discuss the china, decor, etc...there must be some on the fashion and jewels.

Whatever you ordered I am sure they will be stunning.  In the movie there seemed to be many styles of dangle earings...

Honored Contributor

Re: Titanic women's jewelry

[ Edited ]

There was a show on about a month ago that digitally "drained" the water around the Titanic.  Fascinating.  Two rings were shown, both Art Deco, that I'm hoping were copied by someone.  These must have been recovered in the initial explorations.  I got the idea from now on this will remain an untouched grave site. 

Edit:  Google "Images for jewelry recovered from the Titanic" - beautiful photos of original and copies.  "My" ring has been redone in 18K gold and is Edwardian, not Art Deco.  I wondered about that, because of the date of the sinking is before the Art Deco period.  Now to find a cheap one . . .