Honored Contributor

I may be late to this party, but I’ve recently discovered magnetic clasp converters.  I’m getting older and clasps are getting smaller and putting on certain necklaces was frustrating to the point I just stopped wearing them. I discovered these converters on JTV, but they are available elsewhere and now I can wear all of my jewelry. If this is a problem for you check them out, it’s a game changer.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor
  • They're great on necklaces but don't try them on bracelets.  You'll probably leave your bracelet on your grocery shopping cart.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I only trust the magnetic clasps that also have a safety catch on them.

I bought mine here, many years ago.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

As @Kachina624 @said you may end up leaving your bracelet on something attracting the magnets.

I personally picked up my silverware at breakfast with my bracelet....had to take the bracelet off to eat.  Last time 8 wore it !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@QVCkitty1 

As @Kachina624 @said you may end up leaving your bracelet on something attracting the magnets.

I personally picked up my silverware at breakfast with my bracelet....had to take the bracelet off to eat.  Last time 8 wore it !

Thanks, I don’t seem to need it for bracelets, just necklaces, and for those it works fine.
" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Boy, these babies are really strong.  I set up one chain with them, the second one is now a tangled ball of magnets and chain.  One of these days I'll develop the patience to straighten it out.  But I still plan on buying more, I'm just hoping someone comes out with them cheaper.  I need quite a few.  The ol' fingers just don't work like they used to.

Honored Contributor

Yes, indeed they are wonderful for necklaces.  I  bought mine from JTV too.  I have severall.  It's so nice to be able to put my necklaces and pendants on by myself, whenever I want to wear one.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Boy, these babies are really strong.  I set up one chain with them, the second one is now a tangled ball of magnets and chain.  One of these days I'll develop the patience to straighten it out.  But I still plan on buying more, I'm just hoping someone comes out with them cheaper.  I need quite a few.  The ol' fingers just don't work like they used to.

Amazon had them cheaper.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I wish there were good ones for bracelets, unobtrusive, but safe.  Bracelets can be difficult to get on.  the little extension might be good for some of my bracelets.  If anyone has recommendatioms, I would appreciate it.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:
  • They're great on necklaces but don't try them on bracelets.  You'll probably leave your bracelet on your grocery shopping cart

That's the truth.  I had a sterling silver Tiffany bracelet.  It was a going awa gift from a previous job, years ago.  The bracelet was too tight, I could clasp it but it was a tad too small.  I put a magnetic clasp on and it worked beautifully size wise.  One day, it attached itself to the cutlery at dinner.  That was my warning, I should have stopped wearing.  I continued wearing it and one day, a lady ran up to me in the subway and handed me my bracelet.  It had attached itself to the metal hand railing.  Second warning but I didn't take heed to that one either.  And then one day, I looked down....and it was gone. I had only myself to blame.  It was $$$ but more than that, it great sentimental value.