Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

I have a men's Timex which I've had for several years. I like a biger watch for myself.

@catter70   I agree. The larger faces mean no squinting to see the time.

Contributor

Do you mind my asking?  Have you ever had to replace your battery?  My eco-drive will not charge up and with the stores closed, I can't take it in.  I hope mine isn't broken, and I wonder if you need to replace the battery at all, and if so, if they are expensive....

Honored Contributor

DH gave me a Seiko when we were first married. That's all I wore for many years. Then I started swimming every day, so my family gave me a Bulova Marine Star. I kept my original Seiko for special times. Later my family got me a Fossil and I started changing watches a lot. I have some of Isaac's. Two years ago for Christmas my family gave me a Michele. I don't wear anything else now - I always wanted one of those and I was completely surprised.

I couldn't be without a watch. My children keep telling me I don't need one because of having a cell phone. No. I won't ever get used to looking at my arm and not seeing one there. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have a few Ecclissis, I'm drawn to them for some reason.  My favorite is a turquoise face gold plated.  Also have a Citizens Eco Drive which is great to have around when your jewelry store is closed and you can't get a new battery.  Whatever you do DO NOT pull out the stems on your unworn watches resting in a drawer.  That is one reason the batteries go bad due to moisture in the air.  

Honored Contributor

@Dinaki wrote:

What brand are you wrist watch?

I own two, a Gucci and a Tag Heuer. The Tag is perhaps my favourite. I also would like very much to buy me a Timex, I have an eye for the ladies Marlin, it's so classy and timeless sophistication.

So what's your?

When I started watching Shophq I purchased a couple of Invictas, Versus by versace, Victoria Weick, an assortment I guess lol, I wear my Invicta the mostSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I just ordered a rose gold tone watch by Gevril( Swiss made) with diamond accents at ShopHQ for $199!!!  92% off!!!  I have all kinds of watches, but had to have it, easy to read too.

Respected Contributor

Re: Time pieces

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I wear a watch daily, most of mine are Eclissi.

I have a beautiful Eclissi also, but I haven't worn it in years.  Before retirement I worked at a school...there was a clock on the wall of any room I was in.  In my apartment there is a clock in the kitchen, living room, and bedroom.  Clock in the car, and I have my cell phone when I go somewhere.

I also still have the first watch I ever received....a 17 jewel Westclox.  I was 12 when I got it as a Christmas gift...it is almost 54 years old, and still keeps perfect time when I wind it up!  It came with a gray leather band, that I replaced with a stretchy band in my late teens.

Occasional Contributor
Eco drive watches have what is called a capacitor. It is essentially a rechargeable battery. You can not change one by yourself. Takes a watch repair person. They can be pricey,, retailing at 35 to 80 dollars installed. Luckily,, they usually last 5-8 years or so.
Respected Contributor

@Qtrhorse wrote:
Eco drive watches have what is called a capacitor. It is essentially a rechargeable battery. You can not change one by yourself. Takes a watch repair person. They can be pricey,, retailing at 35 to 80 dollars installed. Luckily,, they usually last 5-8 years or so.

@Qtrhorse    my eco-drive watch is 16 yrs old, accurately keeps time  and i rarely ever wear it,

Honored Contributor

Timex