Respected Contributor

Re: Tiffany Colors Of Nature Gemstone Necklace

@Kachina624 wrote:

@depglass   The stones don't appear to be great quality nor is the setting at all original.  Looks like something whipped out for Diamonique. 

LOL- Tiffany's like Diamonique! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I can't even imagine the price. So beautiful. This is their photo from social media, don't know why they cropped it that way.

"This bespoke necklace features over 278 total carats of colored gemstones interspersed with diamond rondelles. The coveted collection of colors took over a year and a half to source, resulting in a suite of aquamarine, tanzanite, tourmaline, rubellite and morganite"

Ey25QdzWQAMW_fc.jpeg

Yes, it is from our 2021 Blue Book. The colors of the gemstones are more saturated in real life. If anyone is interested you can call a diamond expert at Tiffany's for the stats. There is a private room on the 5th Ave store where customers can view and try on the necklace. It is reminiscent of our vault jewelry @Greeneyedlady21 from designer Schlumberger. 

There's nothing like the private room and what you may try on.

Honored Contributor

It's beautiful!  Some lucky person will have a very beautiful and unique piece!  

Respected Contributor

Tiffany's jewelry always looks a lot better in real life than in any catalogs.  Their diamonds are very sparkly and the gemstones gleam and glimmer.

Full disclosure--I have NEVER bought anything for myself from T because I think the prices are a bit high, as one is paying for the brand and the name beyond just the quality of the jewelry.  

The more rare and unique pieces hold their value through time, but there are a lot of the smaller pieces for sale on the second hand market at reduced prices.

However, I never stop looking and drooling!

Thanks for sharing this lovely creation.

Honored Contributor

I'd prefer the bracelet, if there is one.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant    I wish you blossom out and learn to say something other than "good grief" when you address me.  Like you, it gets very tiresome. 

So now you're a gem expert based on an internet photo?  Tiffany can have overpriced stuff just like everyone else. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I can't even imagine the price. So beautiful. This is their photo from social media, don't know why they cropped it that way.

"This bespoke necklace features over 278 total carats of colored gemstones interspersed with diamond rondelles. The coveted collection of colors took over a year and a half to source, resulting in a suite of aquamarine, tanzanite, tourmaline, rubellite and morganite"

Ey25QdzWQAMW_fc.jpeg

What a beautiful piece.  I had a look at the top of the necklace and the diamond clasp (pave) is beauteeeful!  Ohhh, I'd love a matching set.  With Bracelet and a big honking red rubellite tourmaline ring.  Gorgeous.  I'm sure this is set in gold.  Can't imagine sourcing all of that quality tourmaline and then setting it in silver.  Is it gold, do you know?  Tourmaline being such an included gem is kind of hard to get good stones so no wonder it took them so long to source it out.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

There is no way the picture shown can possibly do justice to the gems in that necklace, any more than a picture of a Tiffany Diamond can to justice to it's actual brilliance.  To compare it to fake diamonds and gems sold on  shopping channels makes no sense to me.  

@FancyPhillyshopper  full disclosure, I have a one Tiffany Blue box which contained a Tiffany silver bracelet that I purchased years ago at the flag ship store in NY.  The jewelery was fantastic and what a treat to see it all.  

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

There is no way the picture shown can possibly do justice to the gems in that necklace, any more than a picture of a Tiffany Diamond can to justice to it's actual brilliance.  To compare it to fake diamonds and gems sold on  shopping channels makes no sense to me.  

@FancyPhillyshopper  full disclosure, I have a one Tiffany Blue box which contained a Tiffany silver bracelet that I purchased years ago at the flag ship store in NY.  The jewelery was fantastic and what a treat to see it all.  

I love all things jewelry and I'd like to be your friend if you're giving away beautiful tiffany jewelry @mspatmac .  LOL.  Tourmalines (every color) including the rubellite can be so included.  But they come in an array of colors that tickles my fancy.  I'm over Tanzanite, but I'll take it that if it's in this beautiful necklace.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@depglass   According to the message from Tiffany below the picture, the colors are more saturated.

I haven't walked into the Tiffany near me for several years, but I doubt this necklace would be on display anyway unless they have made big changes to their local inventory which has been mostly diamonds for many years now.