Respected Contributor

Re: Those of you who wear Stainless steel jewelry

I have several stainless steel, about 3 have gold plating and they have never tarnished or lost the plating. The yellow gold color was also very well done. Very well made and you cannot beat the price points.

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

I like the fact that it is made in the USA, but it is so heavy. I buy it but then I don't wear it. I just can't send it back. I know that's dumb.

Contributor

I have a stainless Cartier watch that I've worn for 20 years. It still looks brand new. I don't have any stainless from the Q, but I wouldn't hesitate to purchase if I saw a style I liked. I'm not fond of the look of the plated stuff.

Super Contributor

My silver color SS pieces are great. They are delicate pieces. I don't think I'd like the weight of a thick SS cuff for example. I bought one gold plated SS piece and I never wear it. Smiley Sad The gold color is strange and doesn't resemble either 14K or 18K. It definitely has a blackish undertone to it.

Honored Contributor

I love my stainless jewelry. I own more earrings than anything. I don't own any rings and only 1 bracelet.

I bought a pair of the gold plated earrings from HSN a couple years ago. They came in a set with a white stainless pair and they were by far one of my favorite pair of gold earrings. The set was on clearance for a whopping $9.90. Last year, somehow I lost one and didn't know it was gone until I went to take the earrings out. So bummed and can't find another pair just like it.

The color of the gold was deeper and mine were matte gold. They were not brassy or bright looking at all.

Super Contributor

I have a few Steel by Design pieces. I only order the natural color because a gold plated piece I bought years ago began to shed its color and looked terrible. The gold plated pieces may be better now but I won't take the chance.

Super Contributor

On 4/25/2014 focksie said:

My silver color SS pieces are great. They are delicate pieces. I don't think I'd like the weight of a thick SS cuff for example. I bought one gold plated SS piece and I never wear it. Smiley Sad The gold color is strange and doesn't resemble either 14K or 18K. It definitely has a blackish undertone to it.

That's true. It doesn't really look like gold. That was the reason I hardly wore the gold-plated piece. It looked fake. I hardly wore it and kept it in a silver keeper. One day I decided to wear it and the gold was fading. It looked terrible. I haven't ordered anymore in years but what I have in its natural color looks great.

Valued Contributor

I have several pieces, some plated in rose and gold. The necklaces hold up great, and so do the bracelets. I have one ring that the gold wore off, but it wore off gradually and evenly, so no it's silver colored with a bit of warmth, pretty cool, actually. The gold plated pieces I have look just like my real gold.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a pair of gold plated steel hoops, I love them. They've held their color for years and are not heavy at all. I also have a ring gold plated I wear as a thumb ring, but it's lost it's color. I think with everyday wear in a ring, the color would go. I still wear the ring.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

I have been wearing ss since it came out. It is my favorite and mixes well with sterling silver. One caution though i hsve the intial charm bracelet with the crystsls on it and some Crystals hsve come off but i have worn it everyday for 7 months.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18