Honored Contributor

Re: This jewelry forum is stagnating

[ Edited ]

The biggest issues are costume jewelry like Kendra Scott, Kate Spade are in most dept. stores. Yurman, Hardy, etc. are in most jewelry stores. Expensive diamond jewelry, if savvy, is not purchased on a shopping channel. So, what's QVC supposed to sell? Most of its top jewelry designers are not returning. IMO, JAI and Carolyn Pollack are very repetitious at this point. Danny and his beautiful designs from Israel are rarely on air. Ripka, gone. Bixby, gone. Dawkins, gone. 

Another issue is the repeated, tired designs brought in for gold or silver special shows/sales. After years of being accustomed to seeing nothing new or exciting, people change the channel or just don't bother watching. 

QVC shot themselves in the foot. Jewelry, the right jewelry,  could have been a money maker. 

Respected Contributor

I think the casual fashion trend that is in now makes people not wearing jewlery as much.  I used to wear jewlery every day, but now I only wear some days. And I only bought one piece of jewelry this year.  I stopped buying jewelry regularly maybe 6 years ago.

Regular Contributor

I hadn't bought any new pieces of jewelry for a long time BUT I just splurged on a David Yurman Albion diamond ring.  I have been heavily involved in running youth football chapters and after 8 years I have officially retired from doing so.  I think I should reward myself after dealing with coaches and parents for those years....yikes.  I should get it tomorrow and can't wait.  Heart

Honored Contributor

I have gotten my DIL some wonderful items at Ross Simons and Uno Villa Uno (One At A Time) which has wonderful artisan items.

Trusted Contributor

I like jewelry that is really unique and eyecatching.  I love some of the hand-crafted artisan jewelry on etsy and that's where I buy most of my stuff.  other place I buy from is Artisan Collection of Bali on JTV.  Beautiful, classy and well-made.  Also buy from local antique shops that deal in jewelry.  Have purchased some exquisite pieces at rock-bottom prices.

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Day after day I check in and the topics are still the same.  This tells me no one is buying new jewelry.  If you personally are, where are you shopping?  Which channel online?  Catalogs?  Retail stores?

I love rings, since I discovered JTV this is where I purchase most of my pieces.  I love Vanna K.  I also shop at shophq I love victoria weick. I have not purchased jewelry from Q in a long time.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I have more jewelry than I can ever wear, only about 20% of it is "real".

I have one daughter and she is not even interested.

I'm waiting for this ring to be delivered tomorrow from JTV

2.5 carat moissanite fire & 2 morganites.

I wasn't looking to buy one but Charles Winston has been on air so everything is marked way down, plus a Veterans Day sale.   $300

I'm trying to save money for Black Friday!    DD and I like to shop at a local outlet mall on Thanksgiving evening.

Moissanite JTV-PRH416-1-medium.jpg

That ring is lovely.  He has been on and Vanna K.  That ring is going to look gorgeous when you open the box.  I purchased a small band of moissanite 5 stones and I love it. You will not be disappointed.  That is so pretty.

Esteemed Contributor

I occasionally buy jewelry from QVC, but most of it fortunately was when the gold prices were very low. I bought a lot then from Q. 
  I purchased a LOT of jewelry while on cruises when gold was low priced and a friend and I could bargain the prices down. The designers started leaving the islands, probably to go online, but it wasn't the same. 
  I find myself wearing the same items, and my lifestyle has changed.
  I do buy from a small jewelry store I visited in Maine that designs and makes their own items. Each piece has a special meaning. I know what I'm getting there and they deliver free. 

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass 

Still watching (well as much as it's on anymore), still buying.  

The Q and other shopping channels widely expanded accessibility and variety at all price points and size ranges....this was a novelty when they blew the concept open. Now, it's harder and harder to stay novel.

I remember in one of the all day silver days when the TSV was a byzantine bracelet....nothing like it had appeared before. They sold 15,000 in 5 minutes or some ridiculous time frame...this before the Q even had a website. 

No matter what comes, I'll enjoy buying and wearing jewelry until I drop dead!

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

The biggest issues are costume jewelry like Kendra Scott, Kate Spade are in most dept. stores. Yurman, Hardy, etc. are in most jewelry stores. Expensive diamond jewelry, if savvy, is not purchased on a shopping channel. So, what's QVC supposed to sell? Most of its top jewelry designers are not returning. IMO, JAI and Carolyn Pollack are very repetitious at this point. Danny and his beautiful designs from Israel are rarely on air. Ripka, gone. Bixby, gone. Dawkins, gone. 

Another issue is the repeated, tired designs brought in for gold or silver special shows/sales. After years of being accustomed to seeing nothing new or exciting, people change the channel or just don't bother watching. 

QVC shot themselves in the foot. Jewelry, the right jewelry,  could have been a money maker. 

So very well put.