Honored Contributor

@KLm   I have a Mac so I use Mac friendly VPNs.  The 2 I paid for are:

Fastest VPN - $19 lifetime

BulletVPN - $19 lifetime

I have 3 backup free VPNs.

If you are having issues using Nord on certain websites, you need to find a better location.  I tend to stick w/the following locations which are marked "Favorits:"

Canada (you can watch all the British shows to your hearts  content)

US

Finland

When using IRC I tend to use locations in countries I've never heard of excepts when watching the Olympics. Smiley LOL

I love Nord's commercial: 

"I like that you don't hide anything from me

"you are so generous with your personal data"

"I love your BROWSER HISTORY"

837514213.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

I did.  I still don't understand how this would cause something to be sent to me in the mail. Usually if I go to a website I'll get pop up ads. but this was strange to me.  

Yes creepy!  Guessing here, but if you are logged on in to ggoogle because you use gmail, maybe you have given google your name and google sells the list of names of people that click on websites that pay for that.  Obtaining adresses for people whose name you know is not that hard.  I think the post office sells that info.  That is my reason for not using gmail.  Don't want to log in.

Guessing here!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: This is strange

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac I have been thinking about VPNs.  What are your concerns?  Do you have to sign all your rights away to someone who can then sell your info to use a VPN?

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Mz iMac I have been thinking about VPNs.  What are your concerns?

I perfer to surf the www anonymously.  

Do you have to sign all your rights away to someone who can then sell your info to use a VPN?

HUH?  Have no idea what you are talking about.  There are a few VPNs out there that do sell your info which they do mention in the small print that you need a microscope to read.  You MUST do your due diligence prior to purchasing VPN's.

I have a Mac so I only use a particular reputable Mac software friendly website that sells VPN's plus they do all the research for you prior to placing the product on their website for sale.  They don't sell VPN's that sell your info.

Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac  I have the Nord VPN on my ipad, my iphone, and my windows laptop. So I need one that is multiplatform. It may be my choice of location certainly. I seldom move it around.

But I will try Canada and see if I can see my British shows. Thanks for the suggestion.

I, too, enjoy those commercials from Nord. I wipe my cookies, browse incognito, and have a VPN, but I don't know what more I can do. 

Honored Contributor

@KLm"I have the Nord VPN on my ipad, my iphone, and my windows laptop.

Nord VPN has a smart tv app

Honored Contributor

Codenice

Honored Contributor

I'll put up with the postcards and emails.  Now if someone offers me something related to a recent surgery or whatever, that's a different story.

Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac I'm not in charge of the tv's. I have a house full of tech guys that run rampant but my ipad, iphone, and laptop are off limits as much as possible. I take care of those.

Although my sweet son did change out the lid of my laptop when the hinges broke on the HP. Required removing it and replacing cover and hinges. Gave it extended life, but who knows for how long.

I couldn't post when people were discussing computers because I was having logon issues again. But I think this might be my last HP. I've never had hinges break before and it seems to be a defect in the design.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Mz iMac I have been thinking about VPNs.  What are your concerns?

I perfer to surf the www anonymously.  

Do you have to sign all your rights away to someone who can then sell your info to use a VPN?

HUH?  Have no idea what you are talking about.  There are a few VPNs out there that do sell your info which they do mention in the small print that you need a microscope to read.  You MUST do your due diligence prior to purchasing VPN's.

I have a Mac so I only use a particular reputable Mac software friendly website that sells VPN's plus they do all the research for you prior to placing the product on their website for sale.  They don't sell VPN's that sell your info.

Thanks @Mz iMac I just saw this.  When I asked what were your concerns I was referring to your caution bout selecting a VPN.  It seems you think there are some that would be bad choices.  I also use macs and value my privacy.  If you could please share the name of the VPN you believe to be safe.  TIA!