Trusted Contributor

Re: This is a buyer beware message

With Ebay, I think you risk a difficult transaction as much with a U.S. seller as a foreign seller.  I need to buy a medical item every few months that's only sold in Europe and no problems whatsoever.  I agree the best insurance is using Paypal.

Honored Contributor

I always check a companies return policy before I make a purchase.  There are a lot of companies that require you to obtain a return authorization before they will accept the item back.  I've never had an issue.

I think sometimes you just need to be patient.  I would give a company 48 hours to respond to me, maybe a little longer if they are in a foreign country.        

Contributor

They have been answering but I am still fighting for my money. Now they say because I clippeded the tag they won't let me return the rings. I thought they were in the UK but I now think they are in China. They told me I could exchange or get a store credit. I told them that I paid for the item and I want my money. I googled the company and there are many bad reviews and most are about the return policy. I told them I am not going away. PayPal already reimbursed me but they can change their mind. If anyone here buys jewelry online please skip this company..

Honored Contributor

I have enough trouble with EternaGold in USA. LOL

Contributor

I am still fighting this. Now paypal wants my bank to step in. Wish me luck.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I have enough trouble with EternaGold in USA. LOL

EG is not what it used to be.  I haven't bought any in a loooong time and really don't plan to given what I've seen on Q.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My sister-in-law buys alot of merchandise overseas and her accounts have been hacked multiple times due to this.  This scares me about making any purchases overseas.  Maybe her odds go up exponentally due to the quantity of items she purchases, though....

I've seen some beautiful jewelry advertised on my FB from Jeulia.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I never shop with anyone out of the USA. Especially on EBay.

@SeaMaiden 

Never had problems with Ebay and other countries.  I used PayPal...which took care of the conversion rate...bought from UK, Australia, and Germany..Top Knotch sellers.....I made sure to check their ratings/reviews first.......Who knows maybe I had good experiences because of the type of merchandise purchased--home decor, collectibles, Christmas items----and experienced  sellers.......Now I have had problems with Amazon and their  vendors....which are in the US

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden : I have purchased on EBay many times, and some of the sellers are from other countries. I'm a customer for many years and PayPal is safe. In case your item doesn't arrive on time, you can contact the seller and if you don't receive any response you can open a case against the seller, with EBay or Paypal.