New Contributor

I am posting for the first and probably the only time in this forum. However, I am kind of flabbergasted at what I discovered so I am really curious if I have just been out of touch with the way things work. I've been a QVC for a very long time. I understand the "this day only" concept. Last night I tried to get a pair of Miz Moos booties for the "this day only" price....in particular Size 37 in hazelnut. They completely sold out. I even tried several times after the airing knowing that if I didn't get them then the price would go up. Still, my choice of size and color continued to show that they were sold out along with most of the other sizes and colors. Yet, today my choice is available along with most all the others. Did they get a shipment in overnight? I ask that question being a bit sarcastic I guess. My question....does QVC limit the quantity of the items they will sale at the "this day only" price? Sorry for the length. Trying to be clear about the question.

New Contributor

Okay, it's not just once.... saw this was listed as jewelry and it's totally not jewelry. Sorry, guess I hit the wrong forum.

Honored Contributor

@Just once   It's more likely some shoppers cancelled after the sale passed than that the company limited a particular color and size.

Honored Contributor

Possible some items back in stock because of customer credit card failure

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Just once    This situation happens quite frequently.  I'm sure you're aware that we, as customers, are not privy to all the ins & outs of the Q's marketing and merchanizing techniques.  I do know that with more expensive items, there will be a plethora of customers who put an item in their carts, think about it, then change their minds, and either remove it or just don't buy it.   Also with expensive items, there will be many credit card declinations. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Just once I used to think it was people who didn't check out their carts within the hour, so that the item becomes available an hour later, but I no longer do so.

I have had diffiulty completing purchases of limited time prices, only to see them available after the price goes up.  QVC used to openup waitlists to mop up those items in carts where the sales are completed but now it seems they rarely do.

They also do a lot of weird things with prices.  The prices of items on clearance flutuates, so they have temporary sales on clearance items.  Huh?  Host Amy Stran spoke about these.

So yes, I think you are right, that they are placing a limit on the number of sales at once only prices. 

New Contributor

Thank you for your thoughts. I hope you are right; otherwise, I would be put out with QVC...not because they limit how many "this day only" amounts they have available but that the customer doesn't know that they have placed limits being sold at that price instead of saying they're "sold out."  Just seems like that with all the "hundreds going out the door" that's a lot of mind changing and denials happening. Thanks, again.

Respected Contributor

I have a totally different take on this.  I think the Q has a very bad inventory system and they sometimes have no idea what they have in stock.  Several times I have ordered items, recieved an email confirmation with an estimated received by date, only to find out days later that I am on a waitlist.  That doesn't happen with companies that are on top of their inventory.

Honored Contributor

Re: This day only items

[ Edited ]

@Just once - If you really want the boots, it's worth emailing the moderators to see if they'd place the order for you, honoring the ODO price.  They wiil tell you, if they're not able to.

QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

(ETA:  Welcome to the forums.  No need to make it a one time thing.  Also, the mods can move your thread to the correct forum, if you want.  Just page one of them.  For example @Beth-QVC )