Valued Contributor

Things Q doesn't seen to offer (or much) any more...looking back...what do you remember?

[ Edited ]

Remember when they used to have a lot of threader earrings (loved) , special threader enders in 14k sold separately to keep them on? And pendant extenders/converters in 14k, they were larger gauge and you could connect the small pendant bale to a larger guage chain. They used to offer substantial 14k rings to add charms on to charm bracelets also. 

They also had many, many ankle bracelets, and toe rings, even in 14k.  I think I remember they even had slide on ear cuff earrings for the back of the ear. Remember the magnet brooch with a loop to hang your glasses or sunglasses on? 

Honora had amazing colors of pearls put together by Lar ry.  They had a special beachy show every year and had special jewelry that went along with it.  Loved their bracelets.

Robert Lee Morris had customers choose between a couple new designs for the featured earrings he would be offering at a special price.  It was during the goddess era which was fun and interesting. 

I miss Ted Leach presenting his Eternagold jewelry, and the commercials leading up to his shows.  So sad that times have changed and the choices, presentations and prices are so much higher and the weight seems like it is less.

What do you remember that you miss seeing?

Honored Contributor

Re: Things Q doesn't seen to offer (or much) any more...looking back...what do you remember?

Honored Contributor

Re: Things Q doesn't seen to offer (or much) any more...looking back...what do you remember?

Hagit Gorali. I believe jewelry from Israel.

Honored Contributor

All sounds strange to me.  I guess I wasn't watching QVC back then.  I usually turn off the channel when Honora comes on.  I very much dislike fresh water pearls.  I much prefer round salt water pearls from oysters.  Did QVC ever sell them once?  I usually buy pearls from Gem Shopping Network. I don't seem to see them around anywhere else. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

I remember the "big bold gold shows,"  the hours of tanzanite, turquoise and other gemstones that used to be on regularly.

I remember a lady who sold marcasite, and Antonella and her focus on black spinel sparkling in the dark.  I also remember the drusy fad.

Of course, my favorite shows were always the ones that Lisa Robertson hosted in Italy--the glamour, the dresses, the scenery, the GOLD!

QVC jewelry shows were so good I would rearrange my schedule just to watch.

I have a pretty full collection purchased at great prices.  

I agree nowadays the prices are sky-high, the gold weight is light, and the shows are quite scarce. 

Respected Contributor

Yeah, the price of gold has more than quadrupled from the old days but unfortunately my income did not.Smiley Sad

Occasional Visitor

You're absolutely right!! I forgot.  It's like it faded away so seemlessly that I didn't notice it gone until you reminded me.  I especially loved their marcasite.  And their Imperial Gold shows. IG is not the same anymore.  Also, the Silver shows that came when... March? October?  And the hosts all dressed up for back in the day with the silver mine in the background?!!!  I miss it AND, the craft shows with the lady representing Plaid. Now I gotta go search YouTube.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

All sounds strange to me.  I guess I wasn't watching QVC back then.  I usually turn off the channel when Honora comes on.  I very much dislike fresh water pearls.  I much prefer round salt water pearls from oysters.  Did QVC ever sell them once?  I usually buy pearls from Gem Shopping Network. I don't seem to see them around anywhere else. 

@songbird  The thread was titled 'looking back' which means items QVC was selling long ago. Nothing strange about that. 

Respected Contributor

@Marvel Lover wrote:

Now I gotta go search YouTube.

Go ahead, there's plenty. I'll post the schedules for the silver shows when they are announced. Welcome to the board!

Honored Contributor

I never watched QVC then.  The only thing I recognized was Honora and they still sell that.  I'm interested in a variety of different pearls from  Japanese, Tahitian, Philippines and Australian pearls from oysters.  I don't see that anywhere other then Gem Shopping Network.