Honored Contributor

Re: Things Q doesn't seen to offer (or much) any more...looking back...what do you remember?

I thought Honora and other cultured pearls were from oysters, the difference being nature introduced the irritant into the "real" pearls in salt water and man introduced the irritant into the cultured pearls.  What I can't remember is if the cultured pearls mature in salt water or fresh water.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Things Q doesn't seen to offer (or much) any more...looking back...what do you remember?

One must let fads die, but that doesn't mean you still can't wear what you own.  Ankle bracelets and toe rings seem to have died out.  Threader earrings?  The buyers handled these like a hot potato.  Get them in, sell them out quick before they got stuck with them.  

Regular Contributor

I miss the white gold shows they used to have.  On only wear white, so I do miss those.

Honored Contributor

I remember all of that.  I remember the gold shows, the pearl shows.  But QVC exited the jewelry game quite awhile ago.  Probably because other lines of business are more profitable for them.  When I think of QVC now, I don't think about jewelry.  

Contributor

I put this in suggestions but they need to bring back 14kt yellow gold charms...they all disapeared

Esteemed Contributor

Those Gem Shopping Network presentations feature hosts rarely on camera that yell constantly with a bunch of background noise--they sound like they're broadcasting from inside someone's garage.

Honored Contributor

@ILLINOIS GIRL wrote:

I put this in suggestions but they need to bring back 14kt yellow gold charms...they all disapeared

During the times of the monthly 18K shows, they even had them in 18K.  Not as many as the 14K....but they were there and kind of rare, even during those days.  Smaller scaled down charms for bracelets.  They usually showed a charm bracelet.

Frequent Contributor

Does anyone remember the line of 18K jewelry -- I believe it was from France, could be wrong -- with a French name, that had fleur de lis on rings and necklaces?  I have a few pieces from way back when.  Wish they offered more unique things like that.

Respected Contributor

@SAM55 Was it Polonais?

J-93442

J-93443

J-93444

J-93500

Frequent Contributor

, "PRe: Things Q doesn't seen to offer (or much) any more...looking back...what do you remember?

Gee, "Polonais" does sound familiar, but I'm not sure.  I thought Polonais was a company that sold glass Christmas tree ornaments.