Honored Contributor

They're on the 3rd airing of JAI today

It's 7:00PM  and JAI is back being on the silver sale.  His stuff is OK, but it's tedious to see him pushing his oxidised silver. So far, he's had 3 shows in one day.  He must sell a ton of silver, because they got rid of their other silver designers and kept him. 

I'm happy that they aired UltraFine silver mixed in with the Sterling.  There will be one show at 9:00PM for Ultrafine and that will be it. Which just as well, as I already purchased 2 UltraFine bracelets. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: They're on the 3rd airing of JAI today

@songbird , I know what you mean.  I usually wear silver, but this line doesn't really interest me.

Reminds me of the fascination with MIchael Dawkins and RLM.

They all make nice pieces, just not for me.  Ultrafine is just that, for sure!

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

I agree, I am not buying jewelry now for the most part but I feel it's a lot of repetative pieces with JAI.   I do have a couple of things from the line and I do like them but I find the line overpriced.  It was overpriced before silver increased in value.

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia @songbird   I thiknk though with Michael Dawkins and RLM was that they each did very different designs within their collections. This Jai jewelry is all the same all on that same chain design. My opinion, I don't the chain right from the get-go.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not fond of heavy silver chains, but I have some lovely JAI pieces.  I have two left arm bracelets, one with crosses built into the links, so I will always be wearing a cross. Important to me, and these bracelets are very sturdy.

I have a lovely pair of his white topaz stud earrings, a heart with blue combo stones, and his butterfly pendant.  I have been delighted with my purchases.

Honored Contributor

I love JAI but he (Scott) really is obsessed with the round box chain.  I'd love to see something different, and I wish he would make more of the bracelets he first came to the Q with; the soft bangle with the fold over clasp.  They were classic John Hardy.

I'm sure the Q is telling him what to make for these TSVs, but I'd love to see more JH-ish stuff.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also love Jai, but only a subset of it.  

The box chain collections and what I think of as the fun Hallmark collection are not for me. To be honest, I think much of the latter cheapens the line and John Hardy are probably quite relieved their name isn't attached to it anymore.

However, those collections are clearly are popular, and can be quite touching, and if that's what it takes to keep the line going so my favorites are possible then I'm all for it.

New Contributor

The silver jewelry is not expensive at all