Esteemed Contributor

There is something about Diamonique and real gold.....

That makes it so look real.

I bought a baguette tennis bracelet in 14k gold  years ago on Q and it still sparkles.

Rick looks so handsome all dressed up on a Thursday afternoon.

Respected Contributor

Re: There is something about Diamonique and real gold.....

[ Edited ]

I bought an epiphany 3  diamonique stone necklace 12 years ago for like $35. I wear it all the time and it looks totally real. I also have a SS  diamonique ring that looks fake (kind of cheapy)

Respected Contributor

I love it in real gold.  Either white or yellow.  I dont now why they cant do that anymore.  Everything I loved about the Q they have either made the product cheaper or discontinued.

Esteemed Contributor

If I knew about Diamonique back when I got engaged, I would have gladly accepted a ring of CZ and real gold.  It looks real and I would not be quite as worried about losing it, not to mention the savings -- at a time when we did not have much money.  I haven't worn my engagement ring in YEARS, as it is slightly too small.  For a few years now, I have been wearing a really comfortable wedding band that I bought myself at a local flea market, and that suits me just fine.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

The trouble with Diamonique set in gold is that they don't bother coating the prongs with white gold as they do with diamonds so the stone still has the phony yellowish cast.  Back when Kathy Levine was the Diamonique queen, they had some 14k with white prongs and it was gorgeous.  I have a 14k Diamonique bracelet but never wear it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I also have a diamonique tennis bracelet in 14 carat gold from way back that I love and it still looks the same as the day I received it. It kind of looks like a series of bowties, round stones with baguettes on both sides of each round one all the way around the bracelet. Also still have from way back a bowtie ring set in 14 carat gold, one tiny round in the center and a nicely sized triangular shape diamonique on each side of it. And quite a few diamonique pendants in various sizes and shapes as well also set in 14 carat gold. All these purchases go way back and they all held up and look like new. And prettiest of all an absolutely gorgeous ring that I'm guessing the center stone to be about a 2 carat size square cut with two rows of 3 square cut smaller stones on each side of it and it's all in quite substantial 14 carat gold. OMG that one is a stunner. Another diamonique beauty is a rich tanzanite color with 3 clear baguettes on either side. Geez, thinking back I was a serious diamonique collector back in the day because I have even more than these favorites. I clearly recollect an incident with the bowtie ring when I closed a drawer really hard on my hand right where the ring was and one of the stones came out. I was heartbroken because I love that ring so I called QVC to order another one and told my sob story of what happened and I was sent a replacement free of charge. But as I said, all these purchases were a very long time ago.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The trouble with Diamonique set in gold is that they don't bother coating the prongs with white gold as they do with diamonds so the stone still has the phony yellowish cast.  Back when Kathy Levine was the Diamonique queen, they had some 14k with white prongs and it was gorgeous.  I have a 14k Diamonique bracelet but never wear it.

I have a "few" very pretty solitaires from "the day", and I absolutely agree with this. I would just never purchase a simulated stone that didn't have white metal prongs. 

I circulate wearing my real and my unreal. Love all of them.