Super Contributor

The story about how precious the Sleeping Beauty Turq is , is really getting OLD.

Every vendor on every channel selling this Sleeping Beauty is pushing how you better get it now OR ELSE!!! What a crock of ****. The amount you are getting in the TS is like get out a microscope small.... and it is not that valuable. It is just telling stories to make a sale... hurry hurry hurry get yours now. It gets really really old. Buy it because you like it. PERIOD.

It is not an investment.

Super Contributor

Re: The story about how precious the Sleeping Beauty Turq is , is really getting OLD.

ITA! How much longer is Carolyn Pollack going to be on? Last night and now this a.m.

I swear she was on LAST YEAR with the same spiel. I didn't buy any then and won't now.

Carolyn Gracie really turns me off when she is trying to sell jewelry or clothes with her "it doesn't have to be matchy, matchy" and then demonstrates some awful combination of stuff she's put on. Her voice seemed much deeper when I saw her selling the jewelry and much more "hard sell."

But she sure softened up when she was on with some man who was selling Black Hills jewelry. LOL! Then more personal chit-chat thrown at us about her wedding anniversary and her hubby falling asleep in the basement and her greeting him when he came up the stairs in the a.m.!

Buyer Beware!

Respected Contributor

Re: The story about how precious the Sleeping Beauty Turq is , is really getting OLD.

The treatment of sleeping beauty turquoise makes it look like plastic.
Honored Contributor

Carolyn said last nite her stuff is real turquoise, not stabilized. And yes, I get sick of the same selling points, at least they are off the silver is going higher spiel. Because it isn't. Same with gold.

Honored Contributor

One of the late night hosts on Jtv actually told the truth. It's what anyone who knows assumed anyway. The mine is closed but there's no shortage of Sleeping Beauty turquoise. There's more than enough to satisfy markets for many, many years. It's not more valued, it's just a matter of personal preference. And great brand marketing. I prefer turquoise with the inclusions, in sterling. So Sleeping Beauty never was a big draw for me.

Regular Contributor

While it is true that the mine is closed I agree that it's overkill to talk about it ad nauseum for the tiny stone in the TSV. But in general I appreciate a heads up when a gem or stone is going to become in demand before the price goes way up. Other countries are buying it up now so it seems logical that will happen soon.

Trusted Contributor

The LC has shows featuring this often and the prices are MUCH better than other channels and it isn't reconstituted either. I bought earrings, ring AND a necklace all in SS for the same price as the CP single bracelet.

Super Contributor

On 7/4/2014 juliet said:

While it is true that the mine is closed I agree that it's overkill to talk about it ad nauseum for the tiny stone in the TSV. But in general I appreciate a heads up when a gem or stone is going to become in demand before the price goes way up. Other countries are buying it up now so it seems logical that will happen soon.

Juilet this closed mine line has been being used for several years now... seems like there must be an awful lot of it out there or they would have sold out of it by now.

Super Contributor

On 7/4/2014 Justice4all said: The treatment of sleeping beauty turquoise makes it look like plastic.

It sure does. It looks very cheap, especially the cuff bracelet with the removable centerpieces that you can change because they have a magnetized back.

IIRC, the stuff she had last year was much better but I usually think it all looks cheap when Carolyn Gracie starts her awful color combining showing what she thinks goes with what and advising people what color they could wear with earrings if they didn't get the matching necklace. UGH!

Super Contributor

But the mine is closed! Lol, so true.