Honored Contributor

Re: The High Price of Jai Jewelry Compared to......

Personally I don't think these rings resemble each other at all.  Horseshoe shapes are a pretty common motif.

Super Contributor

I agree with those who are confused about horses in the Alaska collection. I do love the JAI line. I wear the iconic 5.3box chain bracelet 24/7, only removing it to run a polishing cloth over it every four weeks or so, and I own the matching 20” necklace. 

I fully expected the Alaska collection to feature Alaskan bears, moose, whales or other animals, along with the gorgeous bald eagle he showed. He did mention more was coming throughout this year, so maybe . . . .  I would defipurchase a bear enhancer in a heartbeat!

Hugs . . . Beth 

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Honored Contributor

Could you folks please stay on topic and start a Martha Stewart thread elsewhere in the appropriate forum?

Contributor

I just watched the new Jai Alaska show.  I thought the same thing as many of you about a horse motif and Alaska.  I agree with q-girl with the animals I thought we would see more of.  But, Scott said this is just the beginning of the Alaska collection.  So I am assuming we will see more of the animals most of us associate with Alaska.

I enjoy the shows, the jewelry is not my style, I do like the stories and the ideas behind the pieces.

Valued Contributor

@sashamatthews Yes NM last call had the best selections of John Hardy Jewelry from rings to bracelets.95% of my JH was from NM last day.The other 5% is from TJmaxx.They also have Lagos jewelry.

While the lastest Jai pieces are not my style.The jewelry is not flimsy. Most jewelry these days are thin and fly away.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 too pricey for me and I agree with you, I don't think the equestrian motif evokes Alaska either.

Esteemed Contributor

With JAI and Judith Ripka jewelry, you're paying for the name as much as the pieces themselves. This is not to say that they're not quality items, but rather that neither line is willing to offer low prices because they think it reflects poorly on their brand.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT.  Did you visit the dogs in Denali Natl Park?  That's where I saw them demonstrated.  Husky pups are so cute and fuzzy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Kachina624  Do you know when Martha's TSV will be?  And do you know if it's clothing and not say, a chainsaw?  LOL

I love her clothing, but am not interested in her gardening stuff.

@faeriemoon.  You dont need a chainsaw?  No, the word "fashion" was in the title.  I saw it somewhere on the boards but can't remember the date.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

They are sort of similar, both in that horse shoe style but very different rings.  The second ring is bolder, heavier with significant amount of silver.  The first one is more delicate.  I can see them as his&hers rings.