Honored Contributor

I like the black velvet neck chokers, of old I guess. They always looked so dressy to me. I don't wear that sort of thing, but it was like an addition to a dressy evening black long dress. I must have seen someone wear that all together. Don't know when or where, but I still like black velvet neck chokers.

Trusted Contributor

You ladies are bringing back memories talking about when chokers were the thing back in the day. They looked so smart with those little Chanel-style suits. I still have a pearl choker that I wear occasionally and a few simple gold ones that look good with a short sleeve linen suit in summer.  But as for being my go-to style pieces, no, not really. I think they are classics that will never really go out of style, though. 

Honored Contributor

I wore chokers in my 20's. .....anyone 40 plus it would look ridiculous! 

Super Contributor

When I was 20 they looked nice but now my neck is too fat for one and I find long chains much more flattering and slimming - and they kinda look funny if you are over 40 -

Honored Contributor

Prior to my thyroid condition I didn't mind them.  My thyroid doesn't like being embraced by anything these days.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Dear lolakimono,

Thank you for the pictures.

I love chokers that "choke", I am not suicidal, but they have to hug my neck otherwise they are not flattering.

I rather wear a 15 inch necklace that something that does not stay put when it should. Believe me it is like the Goldilocks principle🌻

Trusted Contributor

Dear Kachina624,

You are right however I have this kind of neck and also tension headaches because of my bad posture...and it is difficult to find a chocker that stays put🌻

Honored Contributor

I love them, I have a tiny neck (12") and I like my necklaces higher around my neck. 

Honored Contributor

I love a 16 inch fine chain. It nestles somewhere at the base of the neck, a great place for a small pendant or I wear it by itself in the summer. 

A chocker on a less than perfect, unlined, tight skinned neck would draw attention to those flaws.