Honored Contributor

The Charm Bracelet: Yay or Nay?

I'm not talking about things like Alex & Ani, but rather the chunky "collected" charms look.  

Do you like the chunky ones?  Do you have one and if so, what charms have you added?

These are some fashion pieces-

Coins seem to be especially popular-

Image result for charm bracelet

Image result for charm bracelet

Honored Contributor

Re: The Charm Bracelet: Yay or Nay?

[ Edited ]

I have several charm bracelets that I enjoy wearing.  One has long beads of turquoise and I attach it to a short string of beads necklace and wear it as a necklace.  I've got one full of Carolyn Pollack charms and another of Gems en Vogue (Evine) charms.  Then I've got this which is the most expensive piece of Indian jewelry I own.  It's got high quality vintage Bisbee turquoise. 

image.jpeg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have a gold charm bracelet but it's not that large and chunky.  I am a fan of the lighter look.  HOWEVER, I have always wanted to own one of those iconic larger link charm bracelet that just holds one large gold heart with my initial engraved on it.

Regular Contributor

Yay for me!  I wear one on each wrist every day, along with my other bracelets.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Nay.  I have one my godmother gave me.  I'm thinking I was around 12.  She had some charms put on it, but I don't remember what they are.  It's silver.

Respected Contributor

LOVE charm bracelets!  I inherited my grandmother's yellow gold one that has family pieces from the 1800's on it.  I also have my sterling one from my teen years, a couple of Pandora ones, a David Yurman Anniversary gold and silver one and a yellow gold one that I started for myself.  I just love them all!

Valued Contributor

Wouldn't be without a charm bracelet. I have several with various collections.

Beckyblu

Honored Contributor

I have a gold charm bracelet that I bought charm by charm from the Q about 15 years ago. The charms were not cheap, but I could never afford to duplicate it at today's prices. Sadly, I rarely wear it anymore, because my taste runs more to silver these days. I thought about selling it, but each charm means something to me, and I just can't

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Regular Contributor

Definitely "Yay"! I got my silver charm bracelet from my parents as a Christmas gift with one charm on it when I was 12....an ornament shaped disk that says "Merry Christmas" on one side and "Love, Mom & Dad" on the other. Now, 18 years later, it is a bracelet showing my life...vacations, Confirmation, graduation, etc. Each and every charm has a meaning and I love that! Besides my wedding ring, it's the most sentimental piece of jewelry I ownSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have several charm bracelets that I enjoy wearing.  One has long beads of turquoise and I attach it to a short string of beads necklace and wear it as a necklace.  I've got one full of Carolyn Pollack charms and another of Gems en Vogue (Evine) charms.  Then I've got this which is the most expensive piece of Indian jewelry I own.  It's got high quality vintage Bisbee turquoise. 

image.jpeg

I love charm bracelets.  I love the sound of charms.  My first one was a monet that I got in high school in the 70's I have since found another monet bracelet without the charms but will add monet charms when I can find them.  My newest charm bracelet is from Gems en vogue Michael V. on Evine.  I love this bracelet, however his charms are not cheap so I add one or two when I can.