Respected Contributor

Re: The Bixby TSV ring has its first review ( and its a winner)

I am so happy she brought back this ring since I missed out on it in the past. I am so happy I sized up by listening to the women who already own this ring. The thickness of the shank takes some time getting used to so give it a few days of wear ladies and then decide if you want to keep it.

I bought it in iolite and garnet and waitlisted the peridot. This is a substantial high quality ring and so glad Barbara didn't cut down on quality. This is a must have ring if you love Barbara's designs.

Trusted Contributor

I received the iolite and the rhodolite garnet choices. The iolite is a beautiful blue and the ring is very comfortable. The rhodolite garnet choice is my favorite because of the color but ... My finger turns grey with the rhodolite garnet choice. No problems with the iolite choice. I wiped the iolite ring with a white cloth. Nothing on it. I wiped the rhodolite garnet ring with a white cloth and it is streaked with grey. I polished it over and over and have rinsed it with a stream of warm water. I did notice when I turned rings upside down to look at under gallery that the iolite version is a nice white silver beneath the undergallery. The rhodolite garnet ring is black beneath the undergallery. Both rings look exactly the same on top and sides of ring. I hope I can get it cleaned enough so it doesn't keep turning my finger grey as I like this color the best. I don't want to hassle with an exchange.... As far as the design of the ring, beautiful. So much prettier in person and I wish I had also got the periodot. Not a huge peridot fan but it would have been pretty in this ring. Love the gold lotus flowers on either side. It is a nice weighty ring and feminine even though it is not dainty. I sized up and am glad I did. My fingers are wider at the base so sizing up was the right choice for me. I can wear on my ring finger comfortably but also wear on my middle finger. Keepers for sure.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Mine just got shipped on the 4th, quite a delay, I was not on waitlist. I don't own any Bixby because I've always considered her items a poor value for the money. But 99.00? I couldn't resist the iolite, that's a stone I don't have currently. I stepped on my only pair of earrings.

Honored Contributor

Mine was on wait list and I got it today. It's well worth waiting for as it's gorgeous. The garnets are definitely rhodolite and will go with the BB bracelet I already own. It's ornate but very sparkly and is fairly large (wide) so it will get noticed. I don't find it uncomfortable. I ordered up a size so I could wear it on various fingers and it seems to run very true to size. I'm a happy camper.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

On 2/4/2015 springers said: I love all my Bixby rings, but I am on the fence about this one (Iolite). The shank is wider than I expected. I find the beadwork rough. Mine has no oxidation, I expected a little. (I dont like too much). I love the stone color (blue purple). The detail is over the top, like a decorated wedding cake. I know the value, so that is swaying me to keep it. It is a beautiful ring. I appreciate her keeping the gold flowers.

I'm a bit on the fence for the same reason as you, springers. This is my first BB piece and it's over the top intricate in the details and more substantial than TV made it look, but the beadwork is rubbing uncomfortably on the adjacent fingers. Even tho I liked the brightness of the peridot, I have so much of that stone and don't wear a lot of green. I ordered the iolite since I have only 2 pieces with any in it. It's a beautiful purple-blue color, but doesn't stand out as much as the peridot would.

I also see I don't have much, if any oxidation either. While I don't care for heavily oxidized pieces, a little on this to bring out the detailed design was more what I expected.

I'll test out the ring for a few days and see if I adjust to the rubbing. For the size and detail of this ring, I think the TSV price was very fair, especially when it's Bixby.

Valued Contributor

Sigh...I'm on waitlist for the iolite and I'm sure it will take a while before I get it. I ordered it very late in the day and changed my choice from garnet to iolite so I'm sure that pushed me back even further.

I wish she would come out with an affordable bracelet for a TSV. The caravan on her website looks lovely as you can add charms to it but it's just too expensive for me.

Honored Contributor

Sakura, I wrote a response to you and see it got lost in cyber space. You may have some left over polishing compound on your ring that is causing the gray color. You need to wipe it with a good quality silver polishing cloth or put a tiny dab of non-gel toothpaste on a rag and rub the inside of your ring. It's slightly abrasive and should get anything off your ring causing the color transfer. Toothpaste should not be routinely used on jewelry.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I got my TSV in iolite and it's going back and pronto. It is big, awkward, cumbersome and just not what I am looking for. Feels very bulky on the finger. For the life of me I can't figure out why this didn't come across to me on screen. I find the size of it to be just plain ugly. I have a lot of her jewelry and this one is very disappointing.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/5/2015 BlingQueen022 said:
On 2/4/2015 Lotus~ said:

I'm on WL for the Iolite and the Garnet....hope one comes thru.

Hang in there from what I've read here there's a lot of nit picking going on. You'll get one I'm sure.
Nit picking? It's a really uncomfortable ring if you don't have a lot of space between your fingers.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Respected Contributor

I totally agree with you, blahblahvampemerblah... just such an ungainly ring. Mine was very loose fitting too, not sure it was true to the size that I ordered. Very uncomfortable on my finger, and I do have a lot of space between my fingers..