Respected Contributor

I immediately thought the blue ring looked very fake. 

Honored Contributor

I finally had a chance to sit down and research this.  The blue stone is Diamonique, not glass.  Relieved.  

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I finally had a chance to sit down and research this.  The blue stone is Diamonique, not glass.  Relieved.  

@depglass 

Where did you find that out?

Esteemed Contributor

I think my takeaway is the stones are too overwhelming for my small hands. I have small fingers and the huge stones don't look real on my hand. I can't pull off the look. 

Honored Contributor

Re: The Amy sapphire ring

[ Edited ]

SilleeMee, it says Diamonique in the basic description of the item.  If you see where its glass, please let us know.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm wondering why the reviews are not showing up on any of the Amy rings features a week ago? I can't see the reviews. 

Honored Contributor

Re: The Amy sapphire ring

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

SilleeMee, it says Diamonique in the basic description of the item.  If you see where its glass, please let us know.  

@depglass 

The description says 'simulated sapphire' at center. The other rings say DQ 'simulated diamond'. I'm assuming the blue stone is cut glass since it's not simulated diamond.

Esteemed Contributor

As a comparison, I ordered the Amy "canary" ring, and it is all sparkle...very pretty. I also ordered the black and I really like it, but not a lot of sparkle, probably because of the cut of the stone. Still, it's very nice. I bought a beautiful Ceylon "saphire" a number of years ago in diamonique (or HSN's equivalent) and so decided to pass on Amy's. I'm glad I did now that I see the review.

Frequent Contributor

I'm sorry you were disappointed in the Amy sapphire ring. I bought the canary and think it's really pretty. Would anyone believe I could afford a real canary diamond, no, but that's okay. I plan to wear it for special occassions and not every day. 

Honored Contributor

I got my blue sapphire ring yesterday and I'm happy with it.  It is the color I was hoping for, if it isn't that of a real sapphire I guess I'll have to wait until I win the lottery for that one.  If it is glass and chips it will go back as I am not gentle on rings I wear every day.  And the price is great, I think QVC is feeling downward pricing pressure from Shop LC and JTV.