Respected Contributor

Re: That Byzantine price is crazy!!

It's gold......you're not going to get much of anything cheap these days. If you do find a cheap price, the gold is so thin and flimsy that it would never hold up. I won't buy hollow stuff.....it just doesn't hold up well at all. I really don't see much home shopping jewelry that I would buy. I do have a couple of costume pieces from the Jackie Kennedy line, but that's about it. I like my Tiffany silver pieces and wear some of the gold I've had for a long time.

Esteemed Contributor

Ther's a lot of people that can afford this. I sure don't want to be saddled with 6 months worth of payments. Whoever gets it, enjoy it.
Trusted Contributor

. Wow -- just caught a closer look at the TSV bracelet. I love Byzantine and I love the textural quality it brings to the rolo. I like 14K better than 18K too. So pretty!

Contributor

Yes, I agree completely. You would think on a special gold day they would pick a TSV that would be more in a price range we could all afford. However, aside from that, I have tried purchasing a couple Byzantine pieces from QVC recently only to have to return them because they start to develop rough spots and come apart. I have a couple older pieces that are still fine today, so I guess that proves the quality of QVC's jewelry has suffered. I am highly suspicious of the quality of today's TSV. If it does not come apart, it sure looks like one good knock against a wall and those links would crush right down, and for an $800 piece that would be devastating.
Respected Contributor

I thought it was kinda pricey for a TSV, too. I wonder why they went with such an expensive piece.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Regular Contributor

Like another post said, after Christmas and taxes due now, who can afford this, oh ya right that 1 to 2% of the population that has all that disposable income. Even with easy pays that would better help to pay a debt down after Christmas instead. The majority of us has to watch our pennies. They can keep that TSV. What does the Q take us for, a bunch of unintelligent shoppers? We all know better.

Respected Contributor

On 1/23/2015 poshmini said:

Like another post said, after Christmas and taxes due now, who can afford this, oh ya right that 1 to 2% of the population that has all that disposable income. Even with easy pays that would better help to pay a debt down after Christmas instead. The majority of us has to watch our pennies. They can keep that TSV. What does the Q take us for, a bunch of unintelligent shoppers? We all know better.

QVC customer stats have shown that the average customer that shops at QVC does have disposable income where that TSV may just be a reality.

Not everyone has debt after Christmas and for those who like a beautiful piece of jewelry, it is nice that QVC is showing something a bit different than the usual Bronzo and plated gold.Smile

Honored Contributor

On 1/22/2015 depglass said:

I believe all Byzantines are hollow.

No byzantine is made with solid wire. My daughter makes sterling silver bracelets in byzantine. I think the hollow part is the loop made with the byzantine pieces. Very time consuming and intricate.

Regular Contributor

On 1/23/2015 Snowpuppy said:

I'm not a jewelry maven but I thought the price per gram was very reasonable.

It's a substantial piece and a very different look offering a lot of look for the $.

The 6 EP's are offering you a chance to buy it using their credit plan. No interest, no fees.

The price of the items has become so high that a lot of viewers can no longer afford to purchase gold items from QVC. I have found that there are many items I like more can be found on Ebay. Sure, many times you have to auction on an item, but some of them are to be purchased right away and the price isn't 10x what QVC charges and the quality is ALOT better than QVC's!

Honored Contributor

I don't think they think everyone can afford the TSV. Everyone can't afford a whole lot of things sold by lots and lots of retailers. Does that mean no one can or should?

I'm not even defending the price of the TSV - maybe it's good, maybe it's not. That's not my issue. (I have never liked Byzantine style, so even if that bracelet were $199, I'd pass it up.)