Trusted Contributor

Re: That Byzantine price is crazy!!

With those prices I don't even bother to watch.

Trusted Contributor

I don't think the TSV is outrageously priced when you do the math on cost per gram. I love Byzantines but was not planning on buying. My husband saw it and knows my love of Byzantines and told me to get it. I considered, but after watching the presentation, it appears it will bend or smoosh easily. That is the reason I am not getting it. I realize the price is high but like I said, when you break it down, it's actually pretty good, especially for such an intricate design as a Byzantine. I am curious if people will get notification that the gram weight is not what was presented like the Byzantine bracelet on advanced order last year. I returned it because of that since it was not the value I thought it was and Q did not offer a refund of the difference so the price per gram would have still been the same. I would have kept it had they done that.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a jewelry maven but I thought the price per gram was very reasonable.

It's a substantial piece and a very different look offering a lot of look for the $.

The 6 EP's are offering you a chance to buy it using their credit plan. No interest, no fees.

Super Contributor

I don't even like it. But I wouldn't have bought it anyway due to the price. I may tune in tonight just out of curiosity, but I'm sure its stuff either too pricey or too flimsy that I wouldn't want it.

Trusted Contributor

... Pat just interrupted David to tell a story about donuts. She compared all the steps it takes to make a donut to making a Byzantine bracelet... It came across as very odd to me.
Trusted Contributor

Most everything is way too expensive for me!

Respected Contributor

I love the Byzantine design- bought a fabulous TSV Byzantine 18" necklace in the 90s from QVC - but I don't like the TSV. Looks weird! BTW, I still wear the necklace and always get compliments....ah the 90s prices!

Honored Contributor

I don't like Byzantine and I think it's ridiculous that they had to design a special machine to make the TSV which added to the cost, something else should have been chosen.... it seems like its always the same type of styles it's Byzantine, or necklaces with circles, twisted hoop earrings, coin jewelry, and same style bracelets or Sleeping Beauty....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} I used to buy a lot of jewelry on QVC it wasn't cheaply made, it was good quality, and a variety of nice designs....Can't they explore other designers outside of Italy and Turkey....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

No way, am I spending that much! And why another repeat TSV?
Trusted Contributor

Even if I'm not buying, it's fun to watch and wish. Remember a few years back when they were trying to sell pieces of stone with thinly wrapped gold around them???!