Super Contributor

Ok asking opinions again, anyone buy turquoise from this line on jtv? I was checking this out she had a show tonight I watched. The prices are hard to believe. I was reading some of the information on the turquoise and some of the pieces are treated by the zachery method and i read somewhere this is a good thing. I also noticed on some of the jewery the country of origin is america and not china. I do like that. The prices are cheaper on some of these then what you think they are worth. Anybody ever order from this line and what your opinions. thanks

Honored Contributor

Sorry,  never bought anything from JTV nor do I watch it.   Sounds like they might be selling "block"  or composite turquoise which is mostly what Paul Deasy and Jay King sell.   It's small chunks and pieces bonded together with resin,  then cut and polished.   You can actually discern the chunks if you study the surface.   It doesn't look like natural stone with matrix at all. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I was wondering the same thing. A nice looking lady selling pretty nice and delicate pieces. Did not watch for a long time, was busy, but nice, nice things.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tehya Oyama turquoise

[ Edited ]

@DarlingDino wrote:

Ok asking opinions again, anyone buy turquoise from this line on jtv? I was checking this out she had a show tonight I watched. The prices are hard to believe. I was reading some of the information on the turquoise and some of the pieces are treated by the zachery method and i read somewhere this is a good thing. I also noticed on some of the jewery the country of origin is america and not china. I do like that. The prices are cheaper on some of these then what you think they are worth. Anybody ever order from this line and what your opinions. thanks

I thought her pieces were pretty but too expensive for copper bathed in gold.

Highlighted

Yes, I have bought from Tehua Oyama. They sell the real turquoise, not the composite! I bought a Sleeping Beauty ring in gold and was very pleased. The young lady representing the company seems to be a very honest person; I would recommend to buy an item to find out for yourself, as you can always return the merchandise.