Respected Contributor

Tassel chain snagging on clothes?

This is a shot in the dark but maybe someone can help.  I have Joan Rivers necklace, J332833...it just happens to be a lunchtime special today. I really, really love this necklace and have it two colors no less. But, the tassel chain at the bottom of the necklace snags on most every top I try to wear it with.....so I don't! Is there anything I can put on the tassel to make it not snag? I will say when trying it on with tops it has never actually pulled a thread but the tassel chain does catch or hang up on the fabric. So many times I've wanted to wear it (and it looks great with my outfit) but I just won't risk the tassel ruining a top. Anyone out there with an idea or recommendation?

Thanks!!!

pup       

Respected Contributor

Re: Tassel chain snagging on clothes?

I have this necklace and haven't had any snagging.....but the first one I had (I bought a second one on clearance and it's fine) lost all the chains to the tassel, one by one, until there was one lonely chain left hanging!   It's a beautiful piece, but definitely has "issues"!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pupwhipped wrote:

This is a shot in the dark but maybe someone can help.  I have Joan Rivers necklace, J332833...it just happens to be a lunchtime special today. I really, really love this necklace and have it two colors no less. But, the tassel chain at the bottom of the necklace snags on most every top I try to wear it with.....so I don't! Is there anything I can put on the tassel to make it not snag? I will say when trying it on with tops it has never actually pulled a thread but the tassel chain does catch or hang up on the fabric. So many times I've wanted to wear it (and it looks great with my outfit) but I just won't risk the tassel ruining a top. Anyone out there with an idea or recommendation?

Thanks!!!

pup       

@pupwhipped   Perhaps I can help. Lay the necklace down on wax paper, spreading the tassel apart. Brush over the tassel w/ clear nail polish....let dry for several hours. Then flip it over and do the other side making sure to coat all angles. I’d use a quick drying top coat. After thoroughly drying, drag it across an old piece of silky or nylon underwear to check for any areas that still snag. Touch up those areas on tassel w/ polish. Let me know how this works for you. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus, thanks very much for the detailed suggestion! To tell you the truth, the only things that even remotely occurred to me were the clear nail polish or maybe rubbing the chains with a bar of soap. I know the soap sometimes makes things "slide" better. Grasping at straws here. Ha! I've got to try something as I just won't wear the necklaces otherwise. Makes me sad as they truly are nice looking pieces and so many times are the perfect accent to my outfit. 

Thanks soooooo much! I truly appreciate your help.

pup     

Respected Contributor

@author wrote:

I have this necklace and haven't had any snagging.....but the first one I had (I bought a second one on clearance and it's fine) lost all the chains to the tassel, one by one, until there was one lonely chain left hanging!   It's a beautiful piece, but definitely has "issues"!

Wow, @author, both my necklaces snag. Woman Sad A good example is on one of my favorite Linea tops, fabric is 95% polyester and 5% spandex...this one:

https://www.qvc.com/Linea-by-Louis-DellOlio-Printed-34-Sleeve-Hi-Low-Hem-Tunic.product.A263353.html?...  

Snags every time. Bummer. Oh, and sorry to hear one of your necklaces lost all the chains. Big Bummer! I will be watching out for that.

Thanks for your reply,

pup

Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped 

The chains fell off gradually over the course of a year.  It wasn't until there were about 6 left that I noticed!  The rest fell of quickly after that and I removed the tassel part/crystal and have a lovely chain that I now layer with other pieces.

I will be on the lookout for snagging too; I may have not noticed that as well.  Getting old.....!

Trusted Contributor

@pupwhipped , I just love your name!  WIsh I had thought of one along that line.  Guess your doggie has you where she/he wants you lol.  I KNOW mine does, she is the boss.

Respected Contributor

@crawford5153 wrote:

@pupwhipped , I just love your name!  WIsh I had thought of one along that line.  Guess your doggie has you where she/he wants you lol.  I KNOW mine does, she is the boss.

EXACTLY, @crawford5153! I remember it like it was yesterday. I was sitting in my red chair surrounded by four out of my five dogs...one of them was even going through chemotherapy at that time for lymphoma. I was kind of a frazzled mess trying to do my best for ALL my babies. I was joining the forums and needing to come up with a nic. I looked around at all their faces.  As I said, I was a little stressed and feeling that my life was totally consumed with taking care of and worrying about them...and my nic came to me.......pupwhipped. Ha!

Now, they're all gone but one. What I wouldn't give to have them back. Woman Sad Those were stressful times, but also the very BEST of times!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Before I got my last little girl I had two dogs; a jack russell and a boston terrier/beagle.   Lost my jack right after Christmas 5 years ago and then my little mixed dog 11 months later.  Sad to say both hubs and I were a basket case.  I would love to have them back in a second!  Anyway, we got our little girl at the humane society and she is a minature lab called a labbe.  Got her two months after I lost my last dog. She is our life now and so much like a child it is scary.

Honored Contributor

@author wrote:

@author  - I almost purchased it the other day until I read all the reviews about the tassel pieces coming out.  Glad I didn't.  I've been looking for a similiar tassel necklace to purchase.