Respected Contributor

Re: Tallulah Willis' engagement ring...

@faeriemoon wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Natural yellow diamonds are expensive then add the cost of a step-cut one on top of that. Step-cut gems need an almost flawless piece of rough in order to have a nice cut gem. I think her engagement ring is gorgeous. Looks like an elongated Asscher cut to me...wow.

In a People Mag article she said it was an "elongated Asscher cut".

Tallulah Willis

The ring looks better in this picture.  I am a fan of Asscher cut stones, but I think I would like a white diamond in a white metal setting better.

Her hand looks like she needs to wash it.

Honored Contributor

I'm saying if he's only worth 3 million dollars, it is stupid to spend what that ring might have cost.

To say someone is worth a million; the key word is "worth".

That means putting together what his hous is worth, his business ( if he owns his business) and so on.

My ex-so in law owns, last count, 12 to 15 Dunkin Donuts. Technically he's worth several million,but he has business partners, etc.

See...it's not like it's 3 million IN CASH.

I agree it is stupid to spend that kind of money on jewelry.  It wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't real.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Bruce Willis' daughter's engagement ring is absolutely beautiful.  A 5 or 6 carat emerald cut solitaire on a gold band is stunning.

See Tallulah Willis' Enormous Engagement Ring from Fiancé Dillon Buss |  PEOPLE.com

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Bruce Willis' daughter's engagement ring is absolutely beautiful.  A 5 or 6 carat emerald cut solitaire on a gold band is stunning.

See Tallulah Willis' Enormous Engagement Ring from Fiancé Dillon Buss |  PEOPLE.com

It's lovely, I like that the band is not  skimpy, it looks pretty substantial.  Happy for herSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

It is a very big stone but there is not much style or anything really special about it.  I would rather have a much smaller stone, and not yellow, and have some unique design qualities.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Color diamonds are no where close to the value of white diamonds.  So you can easily see 2-4 carats of color diamonds.  But rarely white diamonds.  Just too expensive. 

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I'm saying if he's only worth 3 million dollars, it is stupid to spend what that ring might have cost.

To say someone is worth a million; the key word is "worth".

That means putting together what his hous is worth, his business ( if he owns his business) and so on.

My ex-so in law owns, last count, 12 to 15 Dunkin Donuts. Technically he's worth several million,but he has business partners, etc.

See...it's not like it's 3 million IN CASH.

I agree it is stupid to spend that kind of money on jewelry.  It wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't real.

Actually, I believe the figure was $300,000 to $1 million, so to all (not you, @Annabellethecat66 ) who said it's none of my business, I think my comments are valid.  I don't think, if his income info is true, and if she didn't chip in, he can really afford a ring that size.  On the other hand, I don't really care what they do.Woman Indifferent

Good luck to them.

Honored Contributor

Why are these people so concerned how they appear to the public?  The words ostentatious and pretentious come to mind.  

Honored Contributor

I don't think it's right to say to @faeriemoon  or anyone else who wants to comment about famous people.

I mean, what would happen?  Would any of these people call up any of us for commenting about the ring?  If someone believes that might happen, I have a property on the moon that's available.

By putting it out there for all to see, my assumption is that they want comments.

Besides....who cares what these people think?  I enjoy reading everyone's comments.  Good or bad, I like reading all of them.

Trusted Contributor

@wilma wrote:

Personally, I don't like huge diamond rings. They're a bit ostentatious to me. I would never buy anything that big even if money were no issue. One or two carats is my preferred size. 

I wouldn't say no to a big old rock set in gold!

Honored Contributor

I love it.  I prefer sleek, uncluttered, classic engagement rings.  I also prefer yellow gold in an engagement ring.