Super Contributor

Re: Tale of Two Squash Blossoms

On 9/27/2014 maggi the cat said:

I received the squash blossom necklace today, what a previous poster called the baby.

My stones are sleeping beauty blue, and the necklace is the most gorgeous piece I have ever ordered from QVC. This necklace is not like a "regular" necklace. I am a petite person, and I wouldn't want anything bigger than this. It's a statement piece for me, and it frames the face more than anything I usually see on QVC because of it's presence and where it falls on me.

Anything bigger to me is either for a larger person or more ostentatious than I would want. I love this!

Congrats to you, Maggi! (My cat's name is Maggie. Smiley Very Happy) That necklace is just beautiful! Interesting that your stones are so much more blue . . I like every color of turq there is, so I'm sure I'd love it no matter what. I love that you can bring your necklace up a little higher - I like my necklaces to come in the center of my chest, although I have a longer squash blossom necklace that I love - it's doesn't drop too low, but it's just not as versatile as yours (and Waterbaby's). Have fun!

"In my life, I've loved them all . . " The Beatles
Super Contributor

On 9/27/2014 waterbaby said:

Super Nova with the baby SB.

Thanks for putting them together . . oh I never get tired of looking at our Super Naja! Your pix are really nice! I wore this today:

Honored Contributor

waterbaby and Maggi - congratulations on some beautiful pieces! Like Jug - Hi Jug! - , I like all colors of turquoise, but the greenish ones are my favorites. I have a beautiful necklace DH gave me years ago and I fell in love. wb - I'd keep both! I'm on a mission now to acquire at least one of these beautiful pieces (someday I hope)! Smile

Valued Contributor

On 9/27/2014 jugtown said:

13:433461073475

Thanks for putting them together . . oh I never get tired of looking at our Super Naja! Your pix are really nice! I wore this today:

CoralsupernajawNP_zps9cecb3d7.jpg

I have this red coral one also and the all sterling and I just love them as much as the SNN! I wear mine on the native pearls too, I adore that look. I also have the signature necklace and it looks good on it and her onyx sig necklace. Well, all these things look fabulous. Period!!!!
Super Contributor

On 9/28/2014 waterbaby said:
On 9/27/2014 jugtown said:

13:433461073475

CoralsupernajawNP_zps9cecb3d7.jpg

I have this red coral one also and the all sterling and I just love them as much as the SNN! I wear mine on the native pearls too, I adore that look. I also have the signature necklace and it looks good on it and her onyx sig necklace. Well, all these things look fabulous. Period!!!!

That's TOO funny . . I should have known you had this one too! I agree - looks great on just about anything . . love it on a cord, coral beads and the magic beads too!

AW Coral Super Naja on Magic Beads photo Coralnajaonmagicbeads2_zpsc5fa5770.jpg

Trusted Contributor

I love squash blossoms...I live in SW Colorado in a tourist town..there are many times when there are art fairs here. One year maybe over 25 yrs ago there was one in our Fair Grounds. Most was jewelry and most Native American. I stopped at one booth and there was this beautious squash. Big...Bold and wonderful turquoise. I asked the woman tending the booth how much. She was an older Native American woman and she said 75 dollars..I grabbed it...well not grabbed but nicely took it from her to look at it...it was marked with a magic marker and actually said 750 dollars..the 0 had warn off..

I pointed out her mistake to her and waited till she put the right price on the necklace. I didn't buy it but she was the artists mother and she actually started crying thanking me for being honest..there is no way I could have bought that necklace for that price knowing it was supposed to be so much more...This is my tale of a squash..and I'm still looking..

She gave me a pair of earrings free for being so honest...DW

Super Contributor

On 9/29/2014 dancingwoman said:

I love squash blossoms...I live in SW Colorado in a tourist town..there are many times when there are art fairs here. One year maybe over 25 yrs ago there was one in our Fair Grounds. Most was jewelry and most Native American. I stopped at one booth and there was this beautious squash. Big...Bold and wonderful turquoise. I asked the woman tending the booth how much. She was an older Native American woman and she said 75 dollars..I grabbed it...well not grabbed but nicely took it from her to look at it...it was marked with a magic marker and actually said 750 dollars..the 0 had warn off..

I pointed out her mistake to her and waited till she put the right price on the necklace. I didn't buy it but she was the artists mother and she actually started crying thanking me for being honest..there is no way I could have bought that necklace for that price knowing it was supposed to be so much more...This is my tale of a squash..and I'm still looking..

She gave me a pair of earrings free for being so honest...DW

What a wonderful story . . and how nice of that woman to appreciate your honesty with a pair of earrings! I know what ya mean - if you bought that necklace, you could have never worn it with pride . . I bet you'll find one just as beauteous - if not, even more so. Good to hear from another fellow N.A. design lover!

Contributor

What was the number for the ""Big Mama"". I would keep both.

Valued Contributor

On 9/29/2014 elunique said:

What was the number for the "Big Mama". I would keep both.

AS IS J265685. It is out now, but keep stalking, one May pop up. The original sold out is J284006. Good luck!