Respected Contributor

I have one of Q's Tacori rings. It has three large Diamonique stones in the beautiful Tacori setting. I still enjoy it and wear it when more dressed up.

Honored Contributor

I loved the Tacori narrow stack rings and had 3 or 4 collected when they came to Q. DD liked them and I gave a few to her.

Honored Contributor

Since QVC is a business, it's likley that they dropped the Tacori line because it wasn't profitable.  There just were not enough sales. 

Trusted Contributor

I've seen Tacori from time to time on RueLaLa.  Not my style, but I can certainly appreciate the beauty of their work.

Super Contributor

Love the several Tacori  pieces I have. Was very disappointed when they and the Q parted company.

Honored Contributor

I think the QVC-Tacori relationship was a casualty of the recession.  I remember tons of rings coming up on Overstock.  I also think Tacori couture customers were unhappy with similar styles to their many-thousand dollar rings showing up on QVC.

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I think the QVC-Tacori relationship was a casualty of the recession.  I remember tons of rings coming up on Overstock.  I also think Tacori couture customers were unhappy with similar styles to their many-thousand dollar rings showing up on QVC.

@depglass  I think you're right. I remember reading an article that suggested selling on QVC had cheapened their brand image.

Valued Contributor

I wore a right-hand ring for many years including one from Tacori on QVC.  I loved watching their shows.  I just got the ring out and it still looks good, came in a very nice box and bag.  It's a pale blue square stone with 2 clear on the side.  I don't wear the second rings often since retiring and ought to look at what people are selling them for on ebay.

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@depglass wrote:

@depglass  I think you're right. I remember reading an article that suggested selling on QVC had cheapened their brand image.

I think this was a factor, just as ultimately, it damaged the Ripka brand but she stuck it out. I think the other huge factor was Tacori disappeared at the time QVC went into their narrow branding phase, from which they've never recovered. They cut quite a few brands and then began to bombard the audience with the same few brands. It seems variety was not their spice of life... and still isn't.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I used to have a lot of Tacori.  I always thought it was nice.