Honored Contributor

Re: TSV My Saint, My Hero

[ Edited ]

I bought the MSMH bracelets the last time they were on.  One of the bracelets broke within a week.  Cheap MIC poor quality (I know, what do I expect for such a low price). 

Valued Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@saltysails wrote:

My silver bracelet with tan cord does not look like new anymore.  The metal has tarnished and the tan cord is dirty.  How does the gold metal hold up?  Does it tarnish also? 

They are silver "tone" or gold "tone"... Real metals tarnish, so no promises, for sure, with base metal colored to look like silver or gold.

I know the silver is silver "tone".  It is now discolored, if you prefer that word instead of tarnished. 

Respected Contributor

Re: TSV My Saint, My Hero

[ Edited ]

I have no feeling one way or another about these bracelets, but I do wonder about something. Did they ever mention how much, if any, money goes to the women who are making these for QVC? I knowmoney is probably not importnat to them but they would not be able to be sold without their work.. I am not sure I have ever heard anytning mentioned about this.

Respected Contributor

I don't like how the vendor's presentation preys upon the emotionally vulnerable.

BTW, when she says "Sarovski", is that a knock-off of "Swarovski"?  Or is she just not able to pronounce Swarovski?  

Honored Contributor

Yes, Gracie3:  Stainless steel is a great idea!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@wakefield64 wrote:

I have no feeling one way or another about these bracelets, but I do wonder about something. Did they ever mention how much, if any, money goes to the women who are making these for QVC? I knowmoney is probably not importnat to them but they would not be able to be sold without their work.. I am not sure I have ever heard anytning mentioned about this.

The owner and vendor mentioned that the women who make the jewelry are paid and how much this job helps their families. I went online and looked them up and the site shows the women working on the jewelry, but there was no mention of what percent of the profits or how much they benefit. I am sure the owner is making plenty, she mentioned her daughter is going to school in England somewhere.

Respected Contributor

I too wonder how much money actually goes back to the women after Q, the company or host bringing these bracelets to Q, and probably various ' middle men' all taking a cut - nothing is done for free unfortunately.

Respected Contributor

blackhole99.............Thanks for your info on this. I certainly hope these women are not getting a trifle for their work, The vendor and QVC are marketing what they are producing. I am sure they are not materialistic people but I hope they get a "fair"share.

Honored Contributor

Anyone here catch the Morse Code/ancient Native American rosary necklace?  I caught the very end, and wondered, at the time, the correlation between the two.   I guess I'll find the video and see what's there, although my laptop always buffers (starts and stops, etc.)  while watching any type of videos on the Q site (not elsewhere). 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

No thank you to the jewelry and the vendor's marketing message.