Honored Contributor

I've been seeing a trend of many crosses, message (Christian) bracelets, necklaces, etc. across the board in most lines of jewelry at the Q. While Jewish people ARE a minority, it'd be nice to offer an alternative  (star of David, Chai)....especially when the religious item is a special offer or TSV. I notice even Or Paz from Israel has caved into the cross styles...very disappointing. Christmas in July & 24 or 48 hour Christmas line ups of shows leave out other religions who do not celebrate that holiday. Please be inclusive.

Respected Contributor

Re: TOO MUCH RELIGIOUS JEWELRY

@Shanus wrote:

I've been seeing a trend of many crosses, message (Christian) bracelets, necklaces, etc. across the board in most lines of jewelry at the Q. While Jewish people ARE a minority, it'd be nice to offer an alternative  (star of David, Chai)....especially when the religious item is a special offer or TSV. I notice even Or Paz from Israel has caved into the cross styles...very disappointing. Christmas in July & 24 or 48 hour Christmas line ups of shows leave out other religions who do not celebrate that holiday. Please be inclusive.

There is an entire page of jewelry if you search Star of David.  Not sure what you mean by "too much."  However, there are many other places online to shop for specific jewelry. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Are you saying the q should offer a day of items for every faith?  

Trusted Contributor

Dear @Shanus,

My first thought when I read this was "Use your remote". I think a corporation will sell to the market demand. I do agree, however, that Jewish themed jewelry needs a place at QVC just like it has at the Southern Channel.

Interestingly, Barbara Bixby does incorporate Jewish themes into some of her pieces. Perhaps you have not seen her shows. Or Paz could offer more pieces again, but perhaps his previous pieces didn't sell well. 

I never thought about CIJ shows including Jewish themed items.  Hanakah items could and should be included.  

dee

A fellow Judea-Christian family board member 

Honored Contributor

There is a decent selection of Jewish themed jewelry on QVC if you use the search engine. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

There may be a full page of Jewish jewelry but they do not get air time. I've been a QVC customer for almost 25 years and I have not ever seen any presented. HSN does a better job of that. The thing is, QVC is in the business of making money. And the fact of the matter is we (Jews) are a minority in the USA. That's just how it is. I would not and do not expect QVC to show a lot of Jewish jewelry.
Honored Contributor

The thing that will get my channel changed faster than anything else is a presentation of religious jewelry...any religious jewelry.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

At one time in life, we all feel like a minority whether it's religion, faith, gender, age, etc. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have said this for years whenever this question comes up....be careful what you wish for.

Remember, your treasured religious symbol MAY not be presented in a tasteful manner that you would prefer. ;-)  

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

As a non-Christian myself I couldn't disagree more, I like the Christmas in July shows as they enclude many decrotive Items that could be used my anyone , no mather what their religion.  I think all of us non-Christians need to remember we live in a predominantly Christian country.  I have noticed over the years there seems to be an ongoing drum beat to try to do away with all things related with Christmas which I can't understand. As a non-Christian I find it to be a very pretty and happy time of year and as I don't celabrate it I do enjoy it.