Honored Contributor

Re: TOO MUCH RELIGIOUS JEWELRY

In past years there were beautiful items representative of the Jewish faith available on the Q, including but not restrcted to Menorahs and Mezzuzah besides some jewelry.

I have to think that perhaps sales were not vigorous enough to warrant continuing them.

There should be people here that would remember that period.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

If you choose to live in a predominately Christian country...... what would one expect?  If I were to move to China, Israel, Japan, etc. .....I would think there would be more of the predominant religion's jewely there than others.   

The attitudes of some people here on this subject are so very evident and I think many of us know that it goes deeper than just the selling of jewelry whether it's admitted to or not. 

If you dislike it so much....why do you watch it?  I wouldn't watch a whole show of Buddha jewelry and many others..... but I won't begrudge those who do or those who promote it and/or sell it or tell what it means to them. 

With all due respect - "Choose to" live in a predominantly Christian country?

I would say that for 95% of the population, who were born here, it's hardly the type of "choice" the 5% (or whatever the actual percentage is) of immigrants have. It's not like native citizens are going to wake up one morning and start thinking about what country *other* than the one they were born and raised in that they might want to live in, instead.

It IS a choice for immigrants. Are you assuming that anyone who isn't Christian must be an immigrant, or ready to pick up stakes & just "leave if they don't like it." Like, "love it or leave it?" I'm afraid that doesn't apply here - and shouldn't.

I know what you think of my motives. I'm taking issue with your choice of words and nothing else. We've had this conversation before. We all need to own our words. It's my feeling that your comment was thoughtless. The great majority of non-Christians, however anyone wants to categorize that, were born here and didn't just wander by and "choose" to live here.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

There are times when a few hosts are presenting religious jewelry

, that they have a tendency of getting too 'preachy'. There is a time and a place for that, but a shopping channel is not one of them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

If you choose to live in a predominately Christian country...... what would one expect?  If I were to move to China, Israel, Japan, etc. .....I would think there would be more of the predominant religion's jewely there than others.   

The attitudes of some people here on this subject are so very evident and I think many of us know that it goes deeper than just the selling of jewelry whether it's admitted to or not. 

If you dislike it so much....why do you watch it?  I wouldn't watch a whole show of Buddha jewelry and many others..... but I won't begrudge those who do or those who promote it and/or sell it or tell what it means to them. 

With all due respect - "Choose to" live in a predominantly Christian country?

I would say that for 95% of the population, who were born here, it's hardly the type of "choice" the 5% (or whatever the actual percentage is) of immigrants have. It's not like native citizens are going to wake up one morning and start thinking about what country *other* than the one they were born and raised in that they might want to live in, instead.

It IS a choice for immigrants. Are you assuming that anyone who isn't Christian must be an immigrant, or ready to pick up stakes & just "leave if they don't like it." Like, "love it or leave it?" I'm afraid that doesn't apply here - and shouldn't.

I know what you think of my motives. I'm taking issue with your choice of words and nothing else. We've had this conversation before. We all need to own our words. It's my feeling that your comment was thoughtless. The great majority of non-Christians, however anyone wants to categorize that, were born here and didn't just wander by and "choose" to live here.

................Whether we were born here or choose to live here....the fact remains that we have freedom of religion here. That is why we came to this land in the first place and that is why many born here and many who immigrated here choose to stay.  I think our immigrants are grateful to find that freedom here and...... in return for our respect for them and their beliefs....they have shown respect for our beliefs (which I know are varied).  We in turn are grateful to them for all they have brought to the table.  It's about mutual respect.  

It is a problem for me, when so many do like it, and the few who don't, continually grumble and complain about something that brings so much joy and peace to others.  If it is a turn off to you..... how very simple it is to go click.  No one is forcing anyone to watch these shows.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks for completely sidestepping/ignoring the point. No surprise.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

*******  I should have said born and choose or choose to stay....It would have been more in the line of what I was really feeling.   I am sorry I didn't make myself as clear as I should have.   

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

*******  I should have said born and choose or choose to stay....It would have been more in the line of what I was really feeling.   I am sorry I didn't make myself as clear as I should have.   

Thank you.

Valued Contributor

Try HSNs Carol Brodie, when I watch her I am thinking too much Yiddish jewelry.

New Contributor

GOD IS GREAT...

Contributor

@SANNA wrote:
I like Christmas, holiday decorations ,love the music( written mostly by Jewish composers).
"Silent NIght" by Barbra Streisand. The absolute best I have ever heard. And she's not too shabby with "Ave Maria".