Trusted Contributor

Re: THEFT OF KIM K.'S ENORMOUS DIAMOND

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I have heard it said that Kim K shouldn't wear such expensive jewelry or whatever.

I disagree - it is hers and she is perfectly entitled to wear it.  Or to keep it in a hotel room.

What I find wrong is someone TAKING it from the rightful owner.  Why shouldn't you wear what is yours?

I can understand questioning taking it on a long trip, as it could get lost.  But, she shouldn't have to wear Diamonique if she has real stones. 

What does kind of get me is dressing little children in such expensive clothes when they won't fit in another month.  It is one area that I wish they would donate to other children in lieu of a fur coat for a toddler.

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003

I get your point, but if you FLAUNT expensive jewelry, you are INVITING a criminal element into your life.   She's really lucky she wasn't killed!

Plus, why wasn't this ring insured?

Who said it wasn't insured?
Do the math.
Contributor

I still don't understand how she got robbed. Shouldn't she have a security team and cameras and alarms everywhere? That seems like common sense for such a famous person. Especially one who plasters her whole life on social media.

I don't have a super fancy wedding/engagement set, but it does have diamonds. Whenever I'm in a sketchy area or see a sketchy-looking person on the street, I simply turn my rings around so the diamonds are facing inward towards my palm and it just looks like a plain gold band. If it's a REALLY sketchy area I might just take them off and put them in the coin purse section of my wallet. It has worked so far.

Honored Contributor

Who wants a 4 million dollar ring??? Maybe for an investment (then keep it in a bank deposit vault).

If it wasn't insured...that's doubly stupid.

I think it was fake to begin with.

Honored Contributor

I admit that KIM K likes her publicity, but she wouldn't be stupid enough to make an illegal, phony police report or commit insurance fraud. Do you think she wants to end up in jail? As for her husband, his judgement is horrible. I wouldn't put it past him to do this to get funds for his business ventures. He claimed he lost money last year. He might pull something like this off. Kim has more sense than that and she isn't "off" the way Kanye is. 

Honored Contributor

Paperweight.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I admit that KIM K likes her publicity, but she wouldn't be stupid enough to make an illegal, phony police report or commit insurance fraud. Do you think she wants to end up in jail? As for her husband, his judgement is horrible. I wouldn't put it past him to do this to get funds for his business ventures. He claimed he lost money last year. He might pull something like this off. Kim has more sense than that and she isn't "off" the way Kanye is. 

@Mindy D

Not that stupid?   I think you give her WAY too much credit.

Occasional Contributor

OF COURSE the ring was insured!! Still doesnt make the loss any less traumatic.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't have anything to compare with KK's jewels.  I'm not worried about that type of robbery.  My concern when I travel is that the hotel maids might take something or I might lose the bag I carry them in while I'm travelling.  I don't and never did take much jewelry with me when I travel.  We go to very nice restaurants and in London, we like to go to the theatre and to art shows.  So, I do take good jewelry with me.  If I'm not going to wear the good stuff then, when would I wear it?  I just don't take a lot and I'm wearing most of it.  I have 3ct anniversary band that is really "too much" for everyday wear in my real life.  I do wear that as my wedding band and I wear 2ct Dmq earrings for my earrings and a real diamond heart pendant.  A gold bangle or two.  I wear most of it and on the rare occasions when we go somewhere a little sketchy, I don't let the pendant show and I turn the ring backwards so only the band shows.  I'm really not a "the sky is falling" type of person.  I exersize common sense but I live my life.  I wear the splashy anniversary band because if I did lose that or if it got stolen, it wouldn't be such a big deal.  But if I lost my wedding set, that would break my heart.  That's the one that has sentimental value.

Insure, my friends.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  I've always had Diamonique copies (wedding set, earrings, bracelets) and/or gold clad bracelets/steel by design,  when traveling. All my jewelry has sentimental value and even though insured, would never want it lost or stolen. I've said in another post that Joan Rivers always said wear your good jewelry and use your China, silver and stemware. What are we saving it for? So I do wear my diamonds every day (when not traveling).  I don't wait for special occasions. My wedding set is an eternity band and 2 Ct. oval stone w/ eternity matching band around the shank. It was given to me w/ love & commitment & I enjoy wearing it.  Enjoy your jewelry. Just don't travel w/ it.

Honored Contributor

Meant for at @crystaltree