Honored Contributor

Still Wearing Watches?

[ Edited ]

Do you still wear watches? 

I know some people skip the watch now that we have cellphones. 

I still like to wear a watch when going out. I like to be able to glance at my wrist & know the time. It would take longer to get my phone out of my purse to do that. 🥴

Wearing a watch is definitely part of my habit, but it’s also an accessory for my outfit. I have 10 watches in various styles. 

I love my watch with exchangeable plaid bands in various colors for this time of year. I have a beautiful black ceramic AK watch. Most of my watches have different color leather bands. I also own 2 collectible watches - one is a Disney 101 Dalmatians watch & the other is a Harry Potter watch. They are really fun to wear. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes, I do wear a watch.

Respected Contributor

A cell phone isn't a substitute for a watch, just like wall clocks don't substitute for watches either. 

Respected Contributor

Yes!   I feel naked without one.  I've worn one since junior high and I'm 60.  It drives me nuts if I don't have one on.  Even in quarantine LOL.

Honored Contributor

No watch.    The batteries are all dead.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I love wearing a watch.  I don't like the sameness of wearing bracelets on both wrists.

Also, when at work, we can't have our cell phones on us.

Honored Contributor

I wear my Apple watch daily and have worn it wear day since I got it about 3 years ago

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

I always wear, and will continue to wear, a wrist watch. Can't  beat the convenience of looking down at your arm to see the time. Who wants to fumble for their phone to check for the time? I don't.

Honored Contributor

Re: Still Wearing Watches?

[ Edited ]

I love watches and have a small collection.Not all watches use batteries.

Honored Contributor

The day I retired, I stopped wearing a watch. I no longer have a schedule to keep other than going out for appts. and my clock in the car or on my phone is just fine for that

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.