Respected Contributor

Still Collecting Jewelry Every Once in a While

Yes, of course I have more jewelry than I really need, but the fun is in the wanting and (maybe) collecting...

For those ladies who like virtual jewelry shopping, Evine will have their Diamond Day this Sunday.

There are always some unique and lovely pieces to tempt us, although some prices can be a bit on the high side.

We have been offered a lot of jewelry shows this Winter from QVC and I have enjoyed them all (and even purchased a few pretty items)!

I am sorry to see that HSN jewelry offerings appear to be more limited now, and some of the higher end vendors have disappeared.

I still enjoy looking!

Honored Contributor

Re: Still Collecting Jewelry Every Once in a While

It seems that QVC is the chosen channel for the quality jewelry offerings for this new company.  For the first time in years I have been watching.  Watching, not buying, but I'm sure they will hook me one of these days.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FancyPhillyshopper   I am like you - I enjoy watching the jewelry shows whether I'm buying or not!  I've liked jewelry since I'm a little girl & some habits are hard to break.  lol

Honored Contributor

People just don't seem to be interested in buying jewelry like they once were.  I have all I need, some I've never worn, and am not interested in acquiring more.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

People just don't seem to be interested in buying jewelry like they once were.  I have all I need, some I've never worn, and am not interested in acquiring more.

@Kachina624  Some of my turq necklaces are SO HEAVY......I'm thinking of hanging them on the wall......just so I can LOOK at them.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

Yes, of course I have more jewelry than I really need, but the fun is in the wanting and (maybe) collecting...

For those ladies who like virtual jewelry shopping, Evine will have their Diamond Day this Sunday.

There are always some unique and lovely pieces to tempt us, although some prices can be a bit on the high side.

We have been offered a lot of jewelry shows this Winter from QVC and I have enjoyed them all (and even purchased a few pretty items)!

I am sorry to see that HSN jewelry offerings appear to be more limited now, and some of the higher end vendors have disappeared.

I still enjoy looking!

Hi Fancyphillyshopper, I love jewelry shows too.  I watch all channels.  I am beginning to enjoy JTV too.  I had to get use to how they present.  There are several hosts I enjoy.  I have purchased several rings.  Evine was my go to for jewelry and I discovered Victoria Weick when she was on HSN.  I am so glad that I found her on Evine.  I also loved Emma Skye pieces however, I have not found that line on any channel.  Thanks for the heads up about the jewelry shows on Evine.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Like all who love jewelry here, I have a great deal.  I am in the process of culling my collection, giving to my DD and DIL.  But I still love it and like to watch the shows.  Sometimes I see something I fall in love with and cave.  It has to be very special.  

Honored Contributor

I have so much and don't get to wear it very often since retiring.  I love it and I still love looking but I doubt I will purchase much from here on out.  It would have to be something that is really different and touches me and really speaks to me.  Otherwise, I will probably just wear what I have.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I still love purchasing jewelry but rarely watch QVC jewelry shows. I end up yelling at the television when diamonds are misrepresented and the vendor claims I2 diamonds are beautiful and sparkle. LOL

Quality means more to me than quantity so I am extremely discerning when I do decide to add to my collection. I used to work for the store with the little blue box, so the way a piece of jewelry is made is just as important to me as the gram weight, quality of stones and price.

Trusted Contributor

Since my unexpected retirement at the beginning of the year, I'm surprised at how my jewelry-wearing habits have changed.  I no longer wear businesswear every day so I find myself wearing my small everyday pieces more than just on weekends.  Like the true jewelry junkie that I am, though, I still buy jewelry although not the way I used to.  If I see a cute little bracelet or necklace that I can wear with casual clothes, I'm on it!  As for earrings, well, when can you NOT use a cute new pair of earrings??!

So, although I don't buy the same kinds of jewelry as I did before, I still can't resist a new piece that is interesting and maybe goes with another piece in my collection.  Hmmmm . . .  collection.  That's it!  I'm a collector, not a jewelry hoarder!