Respected Contributor

What ever happened to presenting this line. I have not seen a presentation in a very long time. It had some good styles and values......maybe that is the problem. lower selling prices

Honored Contributor

Re: Stainless Steel jewelry?

They can't make enough on it to justify air time, which is very expensive.

Honored Contributor

@wakefield64 @chrystaltree Stainless Steel jewelry is also expensive to make. It’s so difficult to cut, it requires  special equipment that most jewelers do not have. 

Although the material itself is inexpensive, the manufacturing cost weighed against what the selling price would bring, makes for a low profit.

Honored Contributor

I think the same holds true for the bronze jewelry that we used to see a lot of here. A relatively inexpensive material yet costly to make into jewelry.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think the same holds true for the bronze jewelry that we used to see a lot of here. A relatively inexpensive material yet costly to make into jewelry.

@SilleeMee  A lot of the bronze jewelry the Q used to sell was plated to look like silver, gold or rose gold. If not done properly and w/ enough layers, it will eventually wear off.

Bronzo Italia, I think was one of the lines.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee  A lot of the bronze jewelry the Q used to sell was plated to look like silver, gold or rose gold. If not done properly and w/ enough layers, it will eventually wear off.

Yes, I believe that's right. But they also had some stuff that had yellow, rose or white metal all the way through. One vendor even  showed it with a piece cut open. It wasn't plated but solid color metal to the core. I don't know how it was made. @Shanus

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Yes, I believe that's right. But they also had some stuff that had yellow, rose or white metal all the way through. One vendor even  showed it with a piece cut open. It wasn't plated but solid color metal to the core. I don't know how it was made. @Shanus

@SilleeMee  I don’t remember that demo. Either way, the bronze jewelry didn’t go over...too high a price for what you received.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee. RLM jewelry is solid bronze and beautifully made. He used to bring silmilar pieces to Q in silver, but because of their size/weight, the prices were too high. Bronze for his designs are more economical. Since he’s also a metal sculptor, he has the equipment needed for production.