Frequent Contributor

Stacking sterling silver bracelets

I recently got a few of Carolyn Pollack's cuff bracelets that I had planned to stack. I'm wondering if stacking them would scratch them. Am I the only one who worries about this?

Respected Contributor

Re: Stacking sterling silver bracelets

No, you are not alone in your thinking.  I won't even wear bracelets next to my watch for that reason.

I own a few of her cuffs but I don't stack anything large.  If they are thin and are not high polished (which I believe her pieces are not) then I would stack them.  Others would feel different. 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

I stack bangles with bangles and cuffs.  I love wearing a few bracelets at a time.  I don't mind some minor scratchs.  Life is to short to sweat the small stuff. IMO

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sunnycorle wrote:

I stack bangles with bangles and cuffs.  I love wearing a few bracelets at a time.  I don't mind some minor scratchs.  Life is to short to sweat the small stuff. IMO

Completely agree.  I wear only fine/real jewelry. I don't worry about anything getting scratched or damaged.  I don't see the point of having things you're afraid of wearing/damaging. In the end, they're just things.  They're meant to be enjoyed. 

I feel that way about fine china, silverware, clothes, whatever.  It's all everyday-wear for me. I don't make a distinction. If it breaks;  it breaks.  

Wear all your jewelry piled as you wish and ENJOY!

"I contend that we are both atheists . I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."  Stephen Henry Roberts

ETA: Yes, they will scratch, but, I think, the more you wear them as you like, the less you'll care about the scratches. 

Honored Contributor

Of course you'll scratch then.  The tiny, fine scratches on silver are its patina and are highly desirable, creating a satin appearance.  I wear these bangles 24/7 and haven't had them off for over a year.  They've never been polished as worn silver doesn't tarnish.  A couple of mine are Carolyn's, the rest are Indian-made.  I like a variety of textures and widths with a little color.

20160205_163825_011_01-1.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

I totally agree!  I load up my arms daily with bracelets and love them almost as much as my purses and shoes!  So, I say go for it.  Who cares!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Contributor

Do what makes you happy!  Don't "save" things because you are afraid they will get scratched, etc., or the joy of having them is all gone.  If you like the look of piling them on - do it!  My signature is piled on whether I'm stacking silver bracelets or gold bracelets or pearl bracelets - I pile, and  I love it.  I piled when piling wasn't cool.  I'll be a piler when it isn't cool.  It makes me happy!  Smiley Happy

Life's too short.

Occasional Contributor

Knew someone who did the same with gold braclets. Shinning the day at the office daily