Super Contributor

Re: Special Offers- Are you kidding me?

On 3/24/2014 BlingQueen022 said:
On 3/23/2014 luvmyteddy said:

The JR spinel bracelet on the other night with all the gemstones was over 800.00, no free shipping and it sold out. I was wondering how many they actually had. All three sizes sold out. Do women really have that kind of money and if they did I don't think I would spend it on tv. Easy pay was something like 273.00 a month. Lisa said buy two and wear for that special night out. Okay!

There's plenty of people that has that kind of money. To drop 800 on a piece of jewelry is nothing to them.

I often wonder, though, if JR fans are regional. I live in a reasonably affluent area, and I rarely see women wearing any jewelry, period.

Trusted Contributor

I live in a very affluent vacation-destination town (lots of millionaires but I'm one of the working poor, lol) and I *never* see any of the obviously well-heeled women wearing Judith Ripka couture or JRQ around town, ever.

A local high-end jewelry store stopped carrying the Judith Ripka couture line and doubled their David Yurman collection because that is what sells well here.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that the prices are ridiculous and there are no "deals." I have some of her jewelry and rarely wear it. The more I watch her, the more she turns me off. It takes a lot of "you know what" to sit there and sell her stuff at those prices.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Super Contributor

The JR spinel bracelet on the other night with all the gemstones was over 800.00, no free shipping and it sold out. I was wondering how many they actually had. All three sizes sold out. Do women really have that kind of money and if they did I don't think I would spend it on tv. Easy pay was something like 273.00 a month. Lisa said buy two and wear for that special night out. Okay!

There's plenty of people that has that kind of money. To drop 800 on a piece of jewelry is nothing to them.

ITA! If it wasn't selling and profitable they would not have JR on all the time. Someone must be buying even if all you read online are complaints about the cost.

Esteemed Contributor

Must say, I haven't purchased JR in quite a while. Years ago the prices were reasonable and the selection greater. Personally, I think the quality was better too. It's sad to see the new direction the line is taking.

Regular Contributor

On 3/24/2014 ennui1 said:

I often wonder, though, if JR fans are regional. I live in a reasonably affluent area, and I rarely see women wearing any jewelry, period. If I wear anything flashy, I start to feel like a Christmas tree, {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

With all due respect to the ladies that love and bought it, the "confetti" cuff has Christmas Tree written all over it to me. I think it's almost cartoonish! But as my father would say...that's why there's so many flavors of ice cream!

Valued Contributor

I like Judith alright, but she is a bit of a name dropper. She mentions some of her famous, wealthy friends and acquaintance sometimes, and talks about vacationing in St. Barts, which is a playground for many very wealthy people, and lots of rich Europeans. But I guess it's just chatting away with her "girlfriend" hosts.