Respected Contributor

A month ago I sold several gold jewelry items I never wear anymore. All were purchased @ QVC in the 90s. I made $2200.!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Speaking of gold jewelry!

@ellaphant  Where did you sell them?  I have several QVC gold pieces I no longer wear, also, and I was just thinking about how/where to sell them.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

I'm watching to gold prices and plan to get rid of a lot of pieces I haven't worn in years and years, too!  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Spot gold price for pure gold is quickly closing in on $2000 an ounce.  I remember taking a jewelry class in H.S. in 1961 and silver was $1 an ounce and gold was $10 an ounce.

Respected Contributor

At a local company that buys and sells gold, siver and coins.

A tip for selling gold- Make sure your pieces are weighed IN FRONT OF YOU. A local jeweler asked to take my pieces 'in the back' to weigh them..I said 'no thanks.'

The company I used also has a running marke

@spent2much wrote:

@ellaphant  Where did you sell them?  I have several QVC gold pieces I no longer wear, also, and I was just thinking about how/where to sell them.

t value of the price of gold per minute per day. Gold per ounce today is $1980.

Good luck!

Frequent Contributor

I sell my gold online at "US Gold Buyers", they were recommened to me by a friend, they are reputable and I have always felt my gold sold for a fair price.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@patbz  About 10 days ago it was soooo close to $2,000.  I was watching with bated breath, but it didn't hit that magic number. The next day it fell and I kicked myself a few times. Now, I'm getting close to seriously watching again. I do think it will hit $2,000 within the next couple of months.

If not, I'll sell anyway . . . need to get rid of what I consider clutter. Don't want my son and DIL to have to sell it and have to pay the taxes on my junk gold. Remember, we paid taxes on our earnings + taxes when we bought each piece.  Better to invest it in non-taxable interest bearing funds through my broker, which they will ultimately inherit (after my estate pays more taxes).

UGH  . . . wonder if it was all worth those hefty taxes??? (I still have so many pieces left! CRAZY, huh?) 

If you have even one piece from 1961, you've come out WAY AHEAD!! Don't think we were taught about gold and silver prices. If so, I must have not been paying attention to precious metals in my teens! That's an amazing bit of trivia. I have inherited family sterling serving pieces from the late 1800 and on, which are gorgeous. Unfortunately none of my neices care anything about entertaining. Seems unfathomable to sell those pieces for any amount of money. I'd rather give them to someone who would USE them than have pieces with memories and history melted down. 

I didn't receive my first piece of 14K (a gold watch with matching band) in 1964 when I turned 16. I prompted broke the 14K chain (on a typewriter) which kept the gold watch band together when the clasp accidentally unlatched (which was usually during the winter under sweaters). That gift was not replaced and I didn't wear another watch for many years. I was crushed over loosing that watch.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

It went to 2075 before it fell a little.

I've been told closer to election it would hit 2,000, but, it's done set that record.    Still good time to sell think it's 1970.

I was watching it all day long on Fox Business they run a creeper all day up until 4-5 p.m. think it is.

dummy here, sold off at 1864. I'm always afraid it's going to drop like lead, so, I grab on to it when it's higher then it's ever been.

10 yrs ago it hit 1600 and I sold off half then it dropped back down, now, it's holding pretty steady I sold off again. Reserved my favorites though.

LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady : I started seriously buying gold in my late 20s when I lived in Asia where I travelled widely. I think it was still $10 an ounce.  Among my early pieces was an 18k gold Swiss watch, with a heavy gold band, a baht (22k) 4 seasons bracelet ($9000 this week on Ebay), and a Byzantine bracelet I bought at Raffles in Singapore.  You get the picture!  If it goes above $2000, I'll sell some of it. Bank of America is predicting $3000 within a year; with pandemic and U.S.A. chaos, I won't bet against that.

Honored Contributor

missed your chance done hit OVER 2,000