Super Contributor

Re: Sparkle of JR TSV stud earrings?

Blondelle, I do think that different lighting makes diamonique and diamonds sparkle differently. Some of this depends on the cut of the stones. Personally the 2 prs of the TSV earrings I received have lived up to my expectations. They sparkle & shine and are the perfect earring for any occasion. I'm definitely keeping mine and so is my daughter.

But if you have any doubt, send them back. We all have different ideas and different tastes.

Super Contributor

If you are speaking about the TSV flower,earrings, my sparkle beautifully. I purchased the "clip on" so I could place them closer to the jawline and the fit is perfect. They are darling, I don't pass them off as diamonds because IMO they don't resemble diamonds. I've been wearing them with my Issac floral sweaters or maxi dresses and they look so cute.
Regular Contributor

I thought the sparkle was nice, but that's where the positives ended. I have thin lobes, pierced ears & they were painful to wear & made my lobes beet red. They were everything I hated about clip ons which is why I have pierced ears. Not to mention the poor design of the omega back showing below your lobe & the post being too short pinching my lobe. I cannot believe they did any kind of consumer test before mass producing. Many reviews state the pinching issue on the pierced earrings so it is a design flaw. If you only wear clipped earrings, those may be fine, but the pierced are a miss.

Valued Contributor

I was really looking forward to hearing from Gsmom who was nice enough to compare her diamonds to the TSV stones in daylight but she hasn't posted. Can someone who has real diamonds compare them for me? I'm really curious to find out if the real thing also sparkles less when in daylight. Thanks much!

Super Contributor

Hi there. My real diamonds sparkle a bit more in daylight than the earrings .... They both look best under the halogen recessed lights.... I really love the JR earrings and plan on keeping them in the silver and gold clad.
Frequent Contributor

I didn't love them, so I returned mine I thought the sparkle was okay, I just didn't like the design - looked very round or bulbous on my ear. Plus the post I considered defective

Honored Contributor

Let's face it....that was the second bad TSV in a row.

I would rather there were fewer TSVs and they were of better quality.

Super Contributor

I have a pair in the silver setting and when I received them I took a soft bristled tooth brush, some gentle soap and scrubbed them gently and rinsed with warm water. I think they sparkle as much as the diamond earrings I own. My earlobes are rather thick, so these do not pinch me. I plan on keeping them.

Super Contributor

I love mine! They sparkle like crazy! Different strokes for different folks. Wishing she'd make them with gemstones in the center & DMQ as the petals. Also, a necklace would be great!

Valued Contributor

Thanks Gsmom. That's about what I thought. Nice to know that it's just not these that sparkle less in daylight. Most of the sparkle though in daylight is the light reflacting off the table of the stone. Anyway, I adjusted them and now they are perfect. I think I might keep them as they are comfortable on my ears. There are better deals to be found though on Ebay. They are selling those TSV earrings on Ebay for $130-$140. That's terrible!

I never cared much for jewelry, but looking at all the offerings from the shopping channels, I really like JR's designs the best. Amazing how much bad, dated design is out there. Anyway, now I have another problem. I can't stop buying her silver stuff on ebay...LOL! Silver candy to me :-)l Need more! Making up for lost time, but having loads of fun!