Valued Contributor

Sparkle of JR TSV stud earrings?

The reviews are all over the place on these. They seem to have no life or fire to them. They don't have that flash that you get from real diamonds. This is my first pair of diamonique and JR. Is this as good as it gets from faux diamonds? Do you think these could pass for real? I like them, but don't love them. What do you think about the sparkle of these? I have no point of comparison other than real diamonds. Are they good enough and worth the price? One of the posts was bent a bit and I'm afraid to bend it back. They also seem to fit differently with one being tighter on the ear and they aren't the easiest to put on.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sparkle of JR TSV stud earrings?

You should return them

There are nicer Diamonique studs for less money that fit better and shine more too.

Frequent Contributor

"bent post","fit differently","(not) the easiest to put on".... send them back. the post will probably break, and if one earring is lose now, it won't get tighter in time. Check out some Absolute from HSN or Brilliante from JTV. The Quality is not as evident in the current Q products.

Trusted Contributor

Had them , returned them. No sparkle, hurt almost immediately. Love JR, but not these. I'd return
Regular Contributor

I must have been lucky mine truely sparkler. At first my list did bend,a little but I didn't open the omega back enough. I'm waiting for the clad to come in keeping my fingers crossed.do I think they look real not sure but I live the sparkle and,have been wearing them everyday
Super Contributor

Have them and have been wearing them a lot. Mine definitely sparkle and I love them. Received many compliments. If you aren't happy with them return for something you will enjoy wearing.

Super Contributor

When I opened my package it was evening and I was sitting in my family room with the recessed lights on . The sparkle from both pairs ( I ordered gold clad and silver ) was blinding. I was thrilled because I wear beautiful real diamond studs everyday and thought the tsv studs would be great to switch it up . In the morning I put them on and drove to the gym and was very surprised to see how different they appear in daylight /sunlight -- much less sparkle and more of a crystal look then faceted Smiley Sad( So, I think the sparkle factor might have to do with the lighting...... I do love them and they are perfect size and style for me - but I didn't buy them to only wear in the evening - so I may return them.
Valued Contributor

I just took mine from daylight to an area with overhead lights and they did have loads of sparkle under artificial lighting. It's funny as they didn't have the same sparkle in the bathroom's artificial light. Do diamonds do the same thing? Aren't they more brilliant under artificial light than daylight? They always have lights on them in the jeweler's windows. That's really would I would love to know. Maybe not being that sparkly outdoors is a good thing in NYC though, as they might fool a mugger too.

Super Contributor

I will check my real diamond rings and the JR earrings tomorrow in the daylight and report back the difference . It is dusk now here in NJ.
Valued Contributor

Thanks. That should be an interesting comparison. Looking forward to the results. I guess no matter how hard they try you really can't duplicate a diamond. When the light hits the real thing a certain way you get a dazzling flash of light which I'm not sure Diamonique can duplicate.