Frequent Contributor

Solid Gold 1/8 Oval Hinged Gold Bangle Bracelet

Hi All - Just wanted to warn you of a design defect with the 1/8 inch solid gold bangle bracelet.  Do NOT buy this bracelet unless you take it immediately to a jewelers and have another safety put on. I had it fall off once and thought it was due to me not ensuring it was latched correctly. Put it back on, listened for both clicks - one snap closure and the second being the safety, and thought I will definitely feel it fall off should it happen again (and then I will take it to jewelers to get another safety added). Sadly, it fell off and I did not notice. Only wore short sleeves, no coats, sweaters, etc. Please be very careful if you purchase, and pay the extra $50-$75 to have a proper working safety added. Now I have to continue to pay for something that was defective/had a bad design, and I only had it for a week. Please be very careful if you decide to purchase.  Not sure if the same design was also used for the heavier version of the bracelet.

Honored Contributor

Re: Solid Gold 1/8 Oval Hinged Gold Bangle Bracelet

I'm so sorry you lost your bracelet.  Thst would be tough to take.  It would be helpful to have the item number.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

That's an unfortunate situation that happened to you. Sorry about your lost (defective) gold bracelet. 🙁☹️
Respected Contributor

@Boomerdotty is this the bracelet (J334850)?  If it is I would be having a fit right about now... so sorry this bracelet is not cheap!!

14K Gold Solid Average 1/8" Oval Hinged Bangle Bracelet, 15.6g - J334850

Honored Contributor

@Boomerdotty wrote:

Hi All - Just wanted to warn you of a design defect with the 1/8 inch solid gold bangle bracelet.  Do NOT buy this bracelet unless you take it immediately to a jewelers and have another safety put on. I had it fall off once and thought it was due to me not ensuring it was latched correctly. Put it back on, listened for both clicks - one snap closure and the second being the safety, and thought I will definitely feel it fall off should it happen again (and then I will take it to jewelers to get another safety added). Sadly, it fell off and I did not notice. Only wore short sleeves, no coats, sweaters, etc. Please be very careful if you purchase, and pay the extra $50-$75 to have a proper working safety added. Now I have to continue to pay for something that was defective/had a bad design, and I only had it for a week. Please be very careful if you decide to purchase.  Not sure if the same design was also used for the heavier version of the bracelet.

@Boomerdotty  Sorry you lost your bracelet. Yet another reason I prefer round bangles....no clasps or closures. As long as it can slide over your hand, there’s no chance of losing it. 

Frequent Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@Boomerdotty is this the bracelet (J334850)?  If it is I would be having a fit right about now... so sorry this bracelet is not cheap!!

14K Gold Solid Average 1/8" Oval Hinged Bangle Bracelet, 15.6g - J334850

Good morning - Yes, that is the one.  Item number J334852.  I’m hoping to prevent someone else from having to go through the same thing.  I’m starting to think this was the bracelet that had older reviews stating that it fell off, but those older reviews no longer appear in the listing. It is a beautiful bracelet - just take the extra step to have a jeweler put on another safety since the clasp and safety are defective and open easily.

Esteemed Contributor

That has to be horrible. I’ve had mine for about two years and I’ve never had it open by itself. 

Frequent Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

That has to be horrible. I’ve had mine for about two years and I’ve never had it open by itself. 

Happy to hear you had much better luck! When it first fell off, I thought operator error.  I ensured I heard both clicks the last time I put it on.  Glad there are non-defective ones in inventory.  It is a beautiful bracelet.

Super Contributor

Oh no! I'm so sorry this happened. Gold is not cheap so to lose a bracelet that you just bought is awful.

Did you call CS to tell them about this? I doubt they would refund your money buy maybe they'll redo this bracelet or top selling it.

Do you remember where you were when you noticed it was missing? There are still some honest people in the world who would turn it in if they found it. My husband and I went grocery shopping together. It was raining so he told me to get in the car and he would load the groceries. I forgot my purse in the cart. He wasn't paying attention so we drove off leaving my purse. We realized we left it a few miles down the road.We turned around and I ran in to the store and one of the workers was holding it up as I ran to the service counter. Someone had just brought it in. I couldn't believe it. My credit cards were there my cash was there. I wish I could have met the person who was nice enough to bring it in. So, if you were out and about check those places because like I said, there are still some honest people in the world.

Respected Contributor

@Boomerdotty wrote:

@Boomerdotty So sorry this happened to you. ☹️