Regular Contributor
Just got a really substantial pair of snap bar gold earrings (had white and yellow) at Costco today for $150.00 dollars. Why can't QVC offer us gold anything, anymore....??? QVC always touts about being in "millions of homes", so is Costco. Soooooo tired of resin filled cr#p and bronzo costume and 18k plated... These were 11/2 inch, non-"squeezable" earrings. Come on...
Regular Contributor

Don't know why either....BUT--I have to give props to COSTCO! I found a pair of JAG jeans--very very similar to DG2 on HSN--they are the pull-up kind and even in tall!!! They were online for $24.99 free shipping--Costco is great with returns...Don't you just love that place???

Regular Contributor
Hi jeanhelen...do love that place! I was looking at their diamond studs and they had a pair that was$23,000....absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!...alas, a little out of my price range! But there were some well within that were beautiful as well; probably my next purchase...
Respected Contributor

Two Christmases ago DH got me a pair of pearl and blue topaz earrings in white gold at Costco that are stunning! The prettiest pearl earrings I've ever seen including old Honora. Costco has great jewelry at great prices. Also I love their wonderful return policy. No problems ever.

Respected Contributor
You'll never see Costco prices here. Costco profit margin is smaller and make the money on memberships. I buy great chains there. I do wish their selection was larger. EBay usually has a selection of Costco jewelry.
Super Contributor

Their prices on diamonds are very very reasonable...not the least expensive you can find, but certainly far better than most jewelry stores! I've gotten some beautiful pieces of jewelry from Costco, and will continue to always stop at the case first! Love a place where you can buy jewelry, toilet paper and tires all at the same stop.

Super Contributor
On 2/21/2015 esmeraldagooch said: You'll never see Costco prices here. Costco profit margin is smaller and make the money on memberships. I buy great chains there. I do wish their selection was larger. EBay usually has a selection of Costco jewelry.

You are absolutely correct! Costco's business model is all about volume. They typically stock a very small number of products (although high volume so lots of a single product) relative to a place like Walmart. Their mark up is never more than 15% and often times, they have significantly less mark up (gasoline is a great example) on certain products to draw you into the store. I can honestly say, given the company's policies on living wages AND benefits for employees, I will be a Costco shopper for as long as they will have my business.

Honored Contributor

Go to sarrafdotcom. They offer tons of 10k, 14k, and 18k jewelry at great prices. Their service and quality are excellent.

David M. keeps touting $100 per gram as a good deal. It's not. There are other online retailers that sell gold for more reasonable prices. And if they can do it, you'd think Q could do it given their buying power and all those connections David says he has. I also think this is why we haven't seen Eternagold lately....they priced themselves out of the market with their $100+ per gram jewelry.

Valued Contributor
I have several really nice gold baby box chains from Costco in yellow & white. Wish they would carry them again. Last month I bought a nice pair of teardrop shaped white gold leverbacks with diamond cutting for about $120. Yes, hollow, but not skimpy in size and stunning on. If the earrings were solid, they'd be painful to wear. When I'm in a jewelry browsing mood, I check out Costco's display. In the 80s, back when Costco was Price Club, my parents bought two 18" strands of high quality saltwater pearls. One came to me; I can't remember if it was for a monumental birthday or my college graduation. My mother had the other.
Honored Contributor
On 2/20/2015 Jeanhelen57 said:

Don't know why either....BUT--I have to give props to COSTCO! I found a pair of JAG jeans--very very similar to DG2 on HSN--they are the pull-up kind and even in tall!!! They were online for $24.99 free shipping--Costco is great with returns...Don't you just love that place???

I had never been in Costco until yesterday. My vet called in a prescription that I had to pick up. As long as I was there I decided to check the optical department as I have a new glasses prescription. There were 3 women working there, or I should say assigned there because all they were doing was chitchatting among themselves. There was me and 2 other customers and they didn't offer to help anyone. I walked out in disgust and won't go back. No, I don't love that place.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment