Esteemed Contributor

So tired of stones not being as color-saturated when delivered

There are some lovely rings at Q, but the last several I've ordered have appeared to be really color-saturated and bright on TV, but really disappointing in person! Hence, I end up returning them. I suppose they try to get the very best example for TV and then when you order it, it's pot-luck on the quality of stones that you receive. Very frustrating. I haven't found this to be the case with rings from Evine. Anybody else have this experience?

(P.S. I'm talking about rings from Judith Ripka, Peter Thomas Roth, and the "Q" generic brand.)

Trusted Contributor

Re: So tired of stones not being as color-saturated when delivered

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

There are some lovely rings at Q, but the last several I've ordered have appeared to be really color-saturated and bright on TV, but really disappointing in person! Hence, I end up returning them. I suppose they try to get the very best example for TV and then when you order it, it's pot-luck on the quality of stones that you receive. Very frustrating. I haven't found this to be the case with rings from Evine. Anybody else have this experience?

(P.S. I'm talking about rings from Judith Ripka, Peter Thomas Roth, and the "Q" generic brand.)

I too have been disappointed with the color saturation of gemstones.  I no longer buy them from here.  They never look the way they are presented.  I remember I bought an Alexandrite - it was a lot of $$$ - no color and no flash.  Very disappointed.  Same thing with a tanzanite and these were all in 14K gold.  I can see that maybe if setting in silver they may not use the top gems, but the best of them should and would be set in gold.   I haven't made a purchase yet, but Gem Shopping has amazing jewelry and gemstones.

Super Contributor

I have had this problem with QVC for years now.  Especialy with Judith Ripka.  I wrote a post on the board recently in which I ordered London Blue topaz and received sky blue topaz.I dont even want to re-write the experience, as it was so frustrating and and QVC customer service seemed to make up new rules for the returns every time  I followed the protocol for the return. Ms. Ripka"s products are most definitely NOT what they were.

I took a few of my Ripka purchases to two gemologists in town and they assured the stones to be inferior.  I will never purchase jewelry from Ripka again.  My hundreds of dollars will go to the REAL thing.

The thing that gives life its greatest significance is the capacity to care
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Judith Ripka years ago outstanding, Now quality lacking, Designs are too. Prices for her item's clad unbelievable. Why would anyone invest? Interestingly, I've seen resale value very low. Example ring which cost 280.00 resold 40.00! Couldn't belive my eyes.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC is a mass marketer of lower quality jewelry.  Anyone who believes otherwise is fooling themselves.  So if you like something, get it, but know it is basically costume jewelry.  The one that makes me laugh is when they say the diamonds in a ring are "eye clean", which is just one small step from "industrial grade".

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Judith Ripka years ago outstanding, Now quality lacking, Designs are too. Prices for her item's clad unbelievable. Why would anyone invest? Interestingly, I've seen resale value very low. Example ring which cost 280.00 resold 40.00! Couldn't belive my eyes.

That's all it's worth!

Respected Contributor

To me, Evine carries quality jewelry from vendors like Beverly Hills Elegance and Sonia Bitton...from their gem stones to diamonds, there's no comparison to what the Q, HSN or JTV offers... there's a reason why the cut, color and clarity is not mentioned about the diamonds they present, the quality is not there!   The CCC are the first things mentioned by the vendors I referenced above.  Their jewelry is expensive, but the quality is there!  You won't find quality like that at your chain store jewelers as well...you will at a better jeweler, but you'll pay triple the price than offered on Evine.  This has been my personal experience and just my opionion on the subject.  I save for a particular piece I'd like to own, it may take awhile, but I'm never disappointed with my purchase.

Honored Contributor

I have to agree akgirl. I am now purchasing most of my jewelry from evine. I love the diamond flex ring from Sonia B. Saving money for that one.
Respected Contributor

I'm actually saving for a ring I've admired for a few years and haven't found it anywhere else...it's at Costco.  A platinum diamond band.  I tried it in and fell more in love, so comfortable on the hand and diamonds that sparkle from here to the moon & back!  There G-H, with SI-1 SI-2 clarity...just beautiful😍

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I've had the same experience with gemstones from all the shopping channels.  Unless an item is very expensive, I think they use poor-quality gemstones.  I've bought some real losers from Evine but no longer buy gems from the Q or HSN.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment