Super Contributor

Re: So...they would rather you return an item instead of a price adjustment???

On 1/19/2015 Ms X said:

kahootz: They only guarantee the price for 30 days. If they changed the policy for you, they'd have to do it for everyone. I think it was good to call and try, though.

Normally I would say that is not a problem. But if you have an extended return policy, it would make sense to honor the sale price.

Honored Contributor

That would be a new policy and if they did it for, they would have to do it for every customer. It would be nightmare for them and impossible to do. So, return your purchases. You were going to anyway.
Super Contributor

Oh well, I guess I'm just miffed considering the amount of money I've spent with QVC. My husband will be a happy camper because I'm packing up and sending back about $400 of stuff! I just don't like how they handled this.

Super Contributor

On 1/19/2015 chrystaltree said: That would be a new policy and if they did it for, they would have to do it for every customer. It would be nightmare for them and impossible to do. So, return your purchases. You were going to anyway.

And no I wasn't going to anyway. I really liked the bracelet, just not that I have to send it back to get the price break. Like you said though, it is their policy.

Honored Contributor

Super Contributor

I'll go have a lemon balm tea or a glass of wine to calm myself down (ha, ha). And, I am returning a lot just because I don't like their practice here. They simply just shouldn't put anything on clearance until after the end of January for all items that were purchased during the extended holiday return period if that is how they are going to handle these things. Okay, I feel better now!

Esteemed Contributor

I just saw the same thing on an item I purchased and had wondered if I called if they would simply make the price adjustment. After reading your post, now I know, so I'll be returning the item.

Maybe I'll buy it on clearance price again, but maybe not.

Trusted Contributor

I am surprised that this many of you have had a problem. I have called many times for a price adjustment and got one every time with no problem. One time it actually was a little over the 30 days and she still gave me an adjustment. She just did a percentage for the 45 days, but it was still a good amount off. Sometimes if you call customer service aren't happy with the result. Call again and more than likely that person will give you the result you want. I don't know why but I have done this and it works every time. I never say I spoke with another rep. I just explain why I am calling. Next time try it. You may be surprised.
Super Contributor

On 1/19/2015 GinaV24 said:

I just saw the same thing on an item I purchased and had wondered if I called if they would simply make the price adjustment. After reading your post, now I know, so I'll be returning the item.

Maybe I'll buy it on clearance price again, but maybe not.

Well I guess I would call and see, but I was told if it's over 30 days they will not. And this was after also talking to a supervisor. And you definitely could buy it at clearance again if you chooses to do so. I'm choosing to just give it back and not play the re-ordering game!

Super Contributor

On 1/19/2015 Moon Dance said: I am surprised that this many of you have had a problem. I have called many times for a price adjustment and got one every time with no problem. One time it actually was a little over the 30 days and she still gave me an adjustment. She just did a percentage for the 45 days, but it was still a good amount off. Sometimes if you call customer service aren't happy with the result. Call again and more than likely that person will give you the result you want. I don't know why but I have done this and it works every time. I never say I spoke with another rep. I just explain why I am calling. Next time try it. You may be surprised.

That's why I asked to speak to a supervisor because I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Hey, maybe it's a good thing they have totally ticked me off!