Not applicable

I made this as a response in another thread but I decided to start a new thread to get the word out and to warn others.

This past weekend I had my jewelry appraised because I was looking to get rid of some pieces that I have not worn in ages.

One of the necklaces that I bought from QVC a few years ago was appraised as not being real gold. I don't buy or wear costume jewelry and I bought this necklace as 14k gold.

Of course I called Q first thing Monday morning. After being put on hold for 10 minutes the rep came back to tell me that after talking to a supervisor they have decided that too bad for me the bracelet cannot be returned or is out of warranty.

WHAT!! You mean to tell me that QVC is that chintzy and will not stand behind their mdse.

I explained to the rep that I am a long time customer. I have bought many items from Q from vacuum cleaners to food to expensive jewelry. I don't owe them a penny as I use my debit card for my purchases or Amex. I am not a chronic returner if I order something I want it. I would consider myself a very good customer. I further explained to her that it was not an expensive necklace it was supposed to be 14k but it was very light and I'm sure cost me around $150.00 or so. I was not looking to make a windfall. I am not a person who lives from paycheck to paycheck and am not hard up for money. However, I do want what I pay for. Nobody has money to throw away.

I feel royally ripped off.

I was expecting that they would at least ask me to send the necklace back to them so that they can appraise it or look at my account see my record and offer me some type of credit for a fraction of what the item cost but to be told there's nothing we can do about it is totally unacceptable for a company the size of QVC.

I have cancelled all of my auto deliveries and I will never ever buy anything from them again. I am also contacting consumer affairs and the BBB. I will also be writing the pres. of QVC a letter.

I was told by the jeweler that QVC is known for this type of thing. I would never have believed it if it had not happened to me.

I also asked about 2 Eternagold bracelets that I have that have dents in them after very little wear. I was given a # to call them and handle it myself.

I'm through with QVC and I will tell all of my neighbors and friends and anyone else of this experience.

When I tried to post a review on the newly bought Eternagold bangle when it dented I was sent a note that my review was unacceptable. Q does not want us to know the truth about their jewelry.

I'm sure my post will be yanked but I won't be surprised.