Honored Contributor

So I got this ring from Gem Shopping

[ Edited ]

And I'm impressed!  It's Burma ruby (got a confirmation from GIA) and over a caret of diamonds.  In baguettes.  The ruby is transparent (don't know if that is good or bad) and an E2 in treatment (again don't know if that's good or bad) but it has the Burma look of red with a purplelish/pink undertone. It's in platinum (1 1/2 ounces) Sounds impressive, but it's a way to keep the price down,  Gold is way past platinum right now.  Only bad thing is that it looks a little over the top (especially those diamonds)  They look better then the fake diamonds I have. So I'm now a little scared to wear it in public.  Still haven't gotten the nerve.  So far I wear it around the house.

Not my first buy from the them, but the most expensive.  Everything I've had from them I'm very happy with.  Pricy,  but if you want real gems set in diamonds and something better then 14K, this is for you. 

Honored Contributor

Re: So I got this ring from Gem Shopping

opics5qj.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

And I'm impressed!  It's Burma ruby (got a confirmation from GIA) and over a caret of diamonds.  In baguettes.  The ruby is transparent (don't know if that is good or bad) and an E2 in treatment (again don't know if that's good or bad) but it has the Burma look of red with a purplelish/pink undertone. It's in platinum (1 1/2 ounces) Sounds impressive, but it's a way to keep the price down,  Gold is way past platinum right now.  Only bad thing is that it looks a little over the top (especially those diamonds)  They look better then the fake diamonds I have. So I'm now a little scared to wear it in public.  Still haven't gotten the nerve.  So far I wear it around the house.

Not my first buy from the them, but the most expensive.  Everything I've had from them I'm very happy with.  Pricy,  but if you want real gems set in diamonds and something better then 14K, this is for you. 

Congratulations on your new ring, wear it in good health💍

Respected Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Congratulations on your new ring, wear it in good health💍

never would of thought gold would cost more than platinum per oz.  

Honored Contributor

How  About a picture? I would love to see your find!

Honored Contributor

Sadly it is!  My engagment ring is in platinum.  Way things aregoing it will be the same as silver!  Double sorry because gold is still plentiful but platinum is very, very rare.  Today's gold price:  $1,344.90  Platinum: $1,100.25

Trusted Contributor

WOWZA!!  Sounds like a real beauty!  Congrats on finding something beautiful that you just LOVE!

One of these days I'm going to try Gem Shopping.  Most of their things are at the outer edges of my personal jewelry budget and the styles are a bit glitzy for my lifestyle.  They have absolutely magnificent pieces, though, no doubt about it.

Don't be scared.  Wear your ring!  It is a one-of-a-kind piece that you should be proud to own and wear.

Honored Contributor

@VegasBusinessWoman wrote:

WOWZA!!  Sounds like a real beauty!  Congrats on finding something beautiful that you just LOVE!

One of these days I'm going to try Gem Shopping.  Most of their things are at the outer edges of my personal jewelry budget and the styles are a bit glitzy for my lifestyle.  They have absolutely magnificent pieces, though, no doubt about it.

Don't be scared.  Wear your ring!  It is a one-of-a-kind piece that you should be proud to own and wear.

I love how they have almost everything in valuable metal.  Most of the items over $2,000.00 come with a GIA report which helps if you want a real ruby or sapphire or emerald.  Sometimes they put roman glass inside the gem making it look very high end, yet worthless.  Trying to pass it off as a real gem.  So a GIA report is almost necessary.  You can get gorgeous pieces under $1,000.00 too.  I have a lovely blue sapphire (over a caret) with diamonds set in 18K for $750.00.  Lately though, they have been offering more & more set in platinum because of the gold market.  Gold bracelets are very high obviously.  I saw one the other day 83 grams of 18K, solid bracelet.  You can get beautiful emeralds under $1,000.00 too.  Only the Columbia emerald is the super expensive one.  Other country's of origin are just as nice.  One perk is that all the diamonds they offer (as accents, etc no matter the price) are VS1  which is really nice.  You learn a lot about gems.  The color diamonds can really get up there in price.  Mostly due to the saturation of color.  Please note you have to register ahead with your phone number.  Because of the cost of these gems....shipping prices are very high.  And you have to sign for them.  Yes, very addictive TV!!!!  I am not going to purchase again till next year.  Need to hang on to my savings!

Trusted Contributor

You're right about their jewelry, Birdie, it is second to none.  I don't watch TV much, but I've had GSN playing in the background online while I'm working on my computer.  I think you have to watch pretty often, or know the shows and hosts to get a really outstanding deal, but it sounds like you did just that.  You're inspiring me to keep trying to find a deal for myself on there. Not that I need much encouragement to jewelry shop.

Respected Contributor

Sounds amazing!!!!! Wear it in good health. Burmese rubies are my favorite!

Please, post pictures.

I do not have this channel ( fortunately) lol